Flavoring a California Moscato

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longhaul

Reaction score
I have a Wine Expert Kit California Moscato and ready to bottle. My wife said about flavoring some of the wine, with Blueberry or Rasberry. Has anyone done this? Do you like it

Longhaul, if you want to keep her happy I think she is asking for something extra. I made moscato from a juice bucket and started out by adding strawberries and home grown tart cherries. It wasn't enough flavor for me so I added natural strawberry and natural coconut flavorings I got from Labelpeelers. I call it Pina Colada Moscata. It's a big hit with sweeter wine drinkers.

What ever you choose to try, do bench trials first. I have a whole box of flavors to play with. Blueberry doesn't sound appealing to me with Moscato, but I didn't think chocolate would be good with some of my wines and chocolate turned out to be a wonderful addition to some reds and fruit wines. Raspberry does sounds appealing tho. Have wife try the tests too, and if you disagree with her maybe bottle 1/2 one way and half the other.

It's your wine, but I sense your wife wants to punch it up a notch.

Pam in cinti

in the mix

Add some grapefruit zest about 1/2 to 50% of the volume this will create a very crisp wine. Without detracting from the b as base.

ok I am here to tell you the Cherry extract did not work!!!! all it did was make the wine bitter and NO CHERRY taste at all. Do you have to give the extract time to age a bit or what?

Back