First try at beermaking

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like everyone else said, the yeast won't hurt you and you may not even notice the taste. I generally get a little yeast in the glass when I pour a bottle conditioned beer just because it can be hard to see when I need to stop pouring to avoid it. If you ever drink belgians from a corked champagne style bottle, you'll see how the last glass is always cloudy from the yeast, yet it still tastes wonderful, even if it's a bit different from the rest of the bottle.

However, while it doesn't hurt to drink out of the bottle, beer can be a lot like wine in the fact that the aromas add a lot to your drinking experience. Try a comparison sometime. IMO itreally does taste better in a glass. Even better if the glass curves in towards the top to direct towards your nose. In fact, I've been known to drink beer from a wine glass if it's a really nicely aromatic beer and my only other option is a normal pint glass!
smiley1.gif

I agree, you should never drink beer from the bottle. Get a glass to appreciate the entire experience. Even a plastic picnic cup is better than drinking from the bottle.Sam Adams make IMHO the perfect beer glass. Look at one of their commercials sometime. It shows their glasses that you can buy from them. I was fortunate to get a free set when they came out but I did go back and buy another set. An absolutely perfectly engineered beer glass.

Latest posts

Back