First batch ruined!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just too much!! I suggested this as a theoretical scenario a few weeks ago in another thread on " unwanted additives" but never thought it would actually take place. The good news is that it won't actually hurt it!

Is it still in the primary cooking along? The yeast will eat the nitrogen, the proteins will drop out, it wont kill your yeast, you got kids so everything you touch in your house already has some pee on it, what can it hurt? :):) Crackedcork

I believe human pee is sterile, it may just add enough acid to make a great wine...

Try my new wine it has a really:
#1 strong finish.
#2 a flavor I can't quite pick out.
#3 great flavor if you don't mind the ammonia odor.
#4 really... let's just say it reminds me of my children.

Just a few. bk

You do realize now you need to call him "Skeeter". When he gets older you will need to make him a batch of Skeeter Pee and tell him it was named after him- and then tell him the story!

The whole d@mn lot of you are just trying to get Father Al going again aren't you! :w:pee

It looks like it needed topping up anyway :) But really, what could a 3 year old have in his pee that is going to hurt anyone? Now if it was an old man pissing in the carboy taking a bunch of meds and having been around the world for a long time I could see your dumping it out and using the carboy to collect pennies in :) CC

This is an island that the previous owners built and we we're going to make a better one but it works just great for my wine. My husband had to take a shelve off and make the bottom sturdier. Also I keep my buckets in rubermaid containers because I put jars filled with hot water inside to keep it warm at night. View attachment 2221

This is the wine just a few hours before my son peed in it. I took a picture because I could see it was begining to clear.View attachment 2222

Last edited:
If he's like my son it would be all fruit wiz (better than cheese whiz?).

I wonder if he has any issues of parents babying the wine more than him? :D Older child syndrome revenge.

.. Anyways tomorow the husband will fix me something to keep my wine safe....

Just a short piece of electric fence around the top of the primary usually solves the problem in a hurry. When you hear the small crack of an electric arc followed by a yowl, you'll know its working.

Gloo have you met St. Allie yet I think you need her help she will send these guys to the corner for you. But look at the bright side you found out before you bottled it and passed it out to your friends

Reminds me of this scene in "The Hollywood Knights"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMiPjnNF7Dc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMiPjnNF7Dc[/ame]

That was pretty funny. I remember that movie.

I saw that movie a long time ago...at the local drive-in theater while it was still alive. A lot of good memories at the drive in; I wouldn't trade the drive in memories for what the poor kids have now. Now they have Facebook and texting. The drive-in.... was Facebook, but live... in real time... A little late night partying, no parents, some anatomy homework, food, entertainment, and a movie to boot! Yee ha!

drive-in-sign.gif
drivein.gif

They showed movies at the Drive In??? I didn't know that! I think that must be an east coast thing... here in the midwest.. you just paid to park the car.... if you know what I mean!

Debbie

Vacation was great... went to Napa/Sonoma twice... didn't buy a thing! I didn't find anything that tasted BETTER than my $2 wine and refused to pay $38 for equal taste!

Debbie

Latest posts

Back