WineXpert Finally!!!!!.....woohooo!!!!....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g8keeper

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
well i know to a lot of you, you've already received and started this kit, but to me it is a big deal....lol....after about 2 months of having to wait to be able to get it, yesterday i was finally able to go get my chocolate raspberry port kit....i received the call almost 2 months ago from my lhbs around the corner that it was in, but due to the financial struggles since shortly after placing my order, was unable to go pick it up, and was just hoping they hadn't turned around and sold it out from under me....well, thanks to a tad bit of good fortune, i came into the funds to go get the kit yesterday, as well as the couple of items i needed to finally finish off, and prepare the 2 batches that have been bulking since april....this weekend i should be able to bottle them up, have them sit for a few weeks to get over bottle shock, and be able to crack them open for x-mas, as well as start the port and have it ready for next x-mas, as a nice after dinner drink....woohoo....now hopefully i can REALLY get back into wine making!!!....lol...

that's great news! congrats. you'll have to let me know how the port turns out, i've always wanted to try it. cheers.

Nice! I hope it turns out well for you. I'm still waiting to get that one. It will probably have to wait until next year for me though.

Well Dawg if you want to try a bottle if I havent already given you one come on over and I can hook you up. G8keeper, keep this kit nice and warm especially near the end where you start feeding the dextrose and its better to step feed it then dump it in as it seems to shock the yeast a little too much. By warm I mean low to mid 80's if possible. Keep stirring it also near the end to give the yeast oxygen.

Well Dawg if you want to try a bottle if I havent already given you one come on over and I can hook you up. G8keeper, keep this kit nice and warm especially near the end where you start feeding the dextrose and its better to step feed it then dump it in as it seems to shock the yeast a little too much. By warm I mean low to mid 80's if possible. Keep stirring it also near the end to give the yeast oxygen.

thanks for the temp tip, wade.....i was already thinking about step feeding it....the club i used to belong to used to make a high alcohol content wine, and step feeding the sugar definitely turned out to be the way to go to ensure complete fermentation...since my winemaking stuff is in my mom's basement, now that we have the foster kids at the house, not sure how i'll get the temp up since i don't have a brew belt....maybe when the time comes for that, she'll let me stash the carboy away in a corner of the laundry room upstairs....lol....:)i'll just tell her it's for the benefit of the wine...lol....hey, if she likes my wine, she'll just have to make a small sacrifice for a short time....lol..

Your port is the whole reason I want to get that kit :D but if you want to part with another bottle I can make that happen.

Latest posts

Back