filtering?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i did n't look at the link but i can tell you this, a few months ago i purchased the little vino filter from ECKraus, opened the box, looked things over but never used it until this evening, i will never bottle another bottle of wine until it goes thru this filter again. i was amazed at the sparkle in the wine, clarity unbelievable, i have been using clariers , three types to be exact, letting the wine sit for months, nothing i have done so far gave my wines that look i wanted until i used this filter this evening. i'm sold on filtering your wines before bottling. i have no clue what type of filter you posted this link to but the one i used this evening works amazingly well

heres the filter i used
http://www.eckraus.com/buon-vino-mini-jet-wine-filter.html

Last edited:
Appreciate the comment, but my question was if the filters I found were OK, not what kind of filtering system you use.

I already have my pump and filtering housing setup, I wanted to know if these were OK to use.

I don't use a whole house filter so can't comment on the type of filter, but I and many others use 5 micron for red wines and 1 micron for white wines so you may want to consider this since the ones you show are 1 micron.

I use a mini jet filter and it work pretty good. The time and resourses it takes to build a filter, you might aswell buy one..

Well, again I appreciate the outstanding review in the mini jet.

I already have my system set up and am only asking if these filters are OK.

Lol.

Yea already been there done that. These are not carbon filters. I figure at less than. 1.00 each before shipping it's worth a shot.

I did not look at the filter you're talking about but 1 micron is fine. I use .45 for all wines, both red and white. The first 2-3 bottles get mixed back into the carboy to be rebottled again. These first few bottles are the ones that could have a trace of sanitizer from your lines in them and also a bit of color stripping. Mixing them back into the carboy assures uniform color and taste with the entire batch.

I did not look at the filter you're talking about but 1 micron is fine. I use .45 for all wines, both red and white. The first 2-3 bottles get mixed back into the carboy to be rebottled again. These first few bottles are the ones that could have a trace of sanitizer from your lines in them and also a bit of color stripping. Mixing them back into the carboy assures uniform color and taste with the entire batch.

Dan
That is the first time I heard of that - that is a great suggestion !

Latest posts

Back