Filtering pros and cons

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tovis

Reaction score
Curious, do many of you filter your wine with a buon vino mini jet? I am thinking about getting one but do not want to remove flavor from the wines I make. I plan to rack a bunch and just do this to get the last bit out.

I had one for a while and sold it. It did a nice job but it did leak a lot. I use the enolmatic now. If you buy one shop around for it. The process vary from $130 - $230 for them. I paid about $130.

I had one for a while and sold it. It did a nice job but it did leak a lot. I use the enolmatic now. If you buy one shop around for it. The process vary from $130 - $230 for them. I paid about $130.

That is just for the filter unit, correct? You will still need to purchase the bottler/pump?

I have a super jet (3 plate filter) and also a 6 plate filter. For white wines, I always filter and have never experienced any kind of fading of flavor. The result is white wines that truly sparkle! I say go for it!

Last edited:
John this is self contained with the pump. This is not for bottling. I believe this takes three pads. You do not lose flavor or color. I always recommend dumping the first three bottles or so back into the carboy so you have consistency in your batch.

John this is self contained with the pump. This is not for bottling. I believe this takes three pads. You do not lose flavor or color. I always recommend dumping the first three bottles or so back into the carboy so you have consistency in your batch.

HMMMM, I only know of the filter attachment for the bottler. I'll have to check it out.....

Back