filtering fruit wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctshep97

Reaction score
do most people filter fruit wine[strawbeery] ,i have racked 4 times,it looks clear a nice dark red color ,but if you hold it up to the light you can see something floating around inside. t

I will filter mine just before bottling if there is still stuff floating.

I will filter lighter wines to make them look polished. If theres stuff floating then it needs to sit longer.

I filter all my fruit and white wines. I use the Boun Vino Mini-Jet. I use #2 pads to "Polish" the wine.

I have a strawberry wine that's just about ready too. Does filtering take away any of that wonderful color?

What do you use to stabilize strawberry wine at bottling? And does any of that affect the color? (I obsess sometimes) :)

Stabilize like any other wine. 1/4 tsp K-meta every 3 months. Make sure you sorbate if you backsweeten or adding a f-pac.

I filter all of my wines with the Mini-Jet and have been very pleased with the results. I submitted a couple of wines to the Indy competition and got high marks for clarity.

wade said:
I also use ascorbic acid to prevent browning along with the k-meta.
Do you use it on all your fruit wines? Do you still add k-meta

I do the same as Tepe. It really does make a difference. I am now also filtering all my white wines also.

I'm pretty sure he adds 1 tsp ascorbicand 1/4 tsp k-meta. But, not more than 1/4 tsp every 3 months.

Latest posts

Back