Feel like throwing in the towel!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barbiek

barbiek
Reaction score
Nope didn't have a wine mishap had diseased vines and rain, wind, more rain and wind!!! It just won't stop! Is there a conspiracy or what? I'm exhausted!! And too windy to spray!! Any suggestions?:ft

Just put this reason at a lost and move on. See about getting some kits or juice buckets.

I have vines that are five years old and to date I still have not been able to get anything off of them but I'll keep them growing and for the best some day.

Hang in there, I have no rain, no water, I water my 16 little backyard vines with water from the shower and the leftover water after washing the dishes. I think I will figure out how to hook up the washing machine and use that water.

Pour a healthy glassful of your favorite stash and re-focus! When there's absolutely nothing you can do about the situation, seek an alternative. As Julie said, fall juices will be coming soon...:rn

Thanks Paul for the reminder I deserved that! And I'm usually not the winer, wino maybe Lol, Julie thanks but it's not the wine I have plenty my mother is very disappointed because the trellis has nothing on it and I'm afraid my neighbors might think I'm crazy cutting another vine down to nothing! And well maybe a good thing cuz I pulled a flooded post out of the ground rotting before I got the wire on that trellis. Pulled it cuz it was flooded and thought maybe pulling it would somehow dry it mj I feel your pain might be the other side of the road but it's still a lot of work and disappointment good luck to you and your more than welcome to come vacuum my drenched lawn! Lol If only that were possible! Just remember no bleach in the laundry lol

I feel your pain. It has been very wet for a month here. Today there was 0% chance of rain, but guess nobody told the clouds- they provided a few downpours again today. Hopefully next year will be drier for you!

Some of my vines are only just now starting to push buds from the ground. *sigh*

You've got a lot of work into the vineyard not to just pull the vines and plant a different fruit. However, with the poles and wire in place you could always change the variety of grapes you're growing. Keep up with your spray program even if you're not getting any crop this year. You will be rewarded next year if mother nature cooperates.

Latest posts

Back