f-pack question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctshep97

Reaction score
i made up a f-pack and added it to my strawberry wine this morning, i gust looked at it and i has about 1/4 inch of sediment in the bottom now. should i leave it aging on top of the sediment for a while or should i rack off of it. t

Like appleman says, let it sit for a week or maybe even 2 to let the sediment compact a little and then rack off.

How did you make the f-pac? Any plans on back sweetening

i cut up andsmashed fruit, some fresh and some frozen that was thawed and had some juise from defrostingand just a touch ofsugar, simmered in a sauce pan to extract juice. strain juice from pulp with a strainer. Added to the wine and stired in.had wife taste said it had good flaver.

ctshep97 said:
i cut up andsmashed fruit, some fresh and some frozen that was thawed and had some juise from defrostingand just a touch ofsugar, simmered in a sauce pan to extract juice. strain juice from pulp with a strainer. Added to the wine and stired in.had wife taste said it had good flaver.
Lookslike someone taught you well
I like what you said at the end .... LOL!
Give it time to clear

Back