Exotic Fruits White Zinfandel

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmorosco

Reaction score
Got this kit from George .. I have never made one of these before but the smells sort of jump out at ya! Racked this today also!! The Carboy on the left is Symphony...

20070510_183918_racking.jpg

20070510_183940_racking_2.jpg
smiley4.gif

This kit is much sweeter than what you are used to. Did you bump up the
abv or just follow directions? If you dont want it as sweet you can
leave out some of the F-Pack.

I made this kit back in October of last year. I agree with Wade...this one is very sweet. I prefer it over ice as more of a cooler. Not really my cup of tea, since I prefer dry reds, but I was making it more for the family and friends that like the sweet stuff.

I did not bump up the ABV, but I would if I made it again, and would probably only add half the F-Pack.

I agree, it is sweet. I just bottled a batch which was my first Island Mist kit. I made it to the letter of the law from the directions. It is super sweet. I will add to that this was the hardest kit to degass I have encountered yet. It took forever to get it gas free. I ran down two batteries on my cordless drill.

wade said:
This kit is much sweeter than what you are used to. Did you bump up the
abv or just follow directions? If you dont want it as sweet you can
leave out some of the F-Pack.

I was wondering that..so do it in small amounts to taste.?

Is that a popcorn machine in the background? You must make some serious popcorn?????

Wine and Popcorn ! 2 of Mrs. Chevy's favorites... next to me of course...right Honey?

lets us know the final result of the White Zin.

Zinfandel is a fav here
smiley20.gif

Yes it is we got it from an old movie rental store...works great we bring out in the summer...for some reason we get an extra 30 kids everytime we fire it up...

Latest posts

Back