Entries for WineMaker Magazine's 2009 Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
George,

So if I read the posts right, The Winemaker's Toystore gathered twice as many medals as last year. How does that put you in the overall running and what's the target for next year to help you get Retailer of the Year?

Get some rest and thanks for the report,

- Jim

Jim,

we only had 19 entries last year with 8 medals. This year we had at least 37 medals. We will need to get around 100 medals to win the retailer of the year award.

good job people,still waiting for the written word,
smiley32.gif

Congratulations everyone! And thanks George for tracking the results! I checked this morning and still don't see them on Winemakers.

Appleman - Did you really only enter 6 wines - and you had 4 medals? That is awesome!

smiley36.gif
YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!

WAY TO GO APPLEMAN - - - - -

Maybe you can send each of us a bottle of your 'GOLD' so we can see what to shoot for!!!!!!!

smiley20.gif
smiley17.gif

C - O - N - G - R - A - T - U - L - A - T - I - O - N - SSSSSSSSSS!!!

rrawhide

I am a bit overwhelmed. I had 6 medals total for the competition. I had entered 8 wines total and medaled with 6 out of the 8. They are as follows

Gold
***Mosti Mondiale Rennaissance Amarone 2007 - I told you all it was great!
***LaCrescent (French Hybrid White)2007

Silver
**Petite Amie (French Hybrid White)2007
**Adalmiina (ES6-16-30) (French Hybrid White)2007
**St. Pepin (French Hybrid White)2007

Bronze
*Leon Millot (French Hybrid Red)2007

This is better than I had ever expected!

Now to look up other winners!

It looks like I was two points off from Winemaker of the Year. The winner had 14 points and I had 12! Not bad for my first contest!
smiley4.gif

I WON !
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

BRONZE for my '06 Amarone from 100% Italian juice
Only entered one wine

Congratulations to everyone that picked up a medal and here's props for all that sent wine in to take a chance and support George's quest for Retailer of the Year. Now that the official word is out, dropa post up if you earned a medal this time around and for what in this thread.

It looks like I picked up silvers for the WE Australian Chardonnay 2007 and the WE Argentine Malbec 2007.

*bows and grovels before Appleman, near-Master Winemaker* Looks like it was worthwhile to use that dogsled to run that box of wine across the frozen lake over to the shipping center after all, wasn't it?
smiley2.gif

- Jim

Like Appleman, I entered 8 wines but only medaled with 5. I am very pleased given that this was my first competition. I also had the pleasure of spending the day with George, his wife, and friends yesterday. After touringand tasting the Russian River and DryCreek Valleys we sampled my Gold Medal winning Cabernet and George treated us to a wonderful dinner.

My Winners

Gold
WE LE 2008 Pacific Quartet
2007 Lodi Cabernet Lot "BRR"

Silver
CC Showcase Amarone 2007

Bronze
RJS LE 2008 Australian Viognier Pinot Gris
2007 Lodi Cabernet Lot "BBR"

Congratulations to all!

This was my first year in the competition as well. We all enter to win but I was also interested in learning how I can improve my wines. I hope the score sheets can give me an indication on areas of improvement. I entered 4 wines and my one winner was:<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
A Silver medal for my WE Selection Estate Columbia Valley Riesling.
smiley32.gif
Congrats to all! <O:p></O:p>
Tom<O:p></O:p>

Congratulations Tom - and everyone else. The big question I have for you is "Why don't you post here on the forum more often?" It's obvious you have a lot to offer all of us fellow wine-makers. It sounds like you had a great day yesterday - touring, tasting and dinner. You can't beat that - especially topped off with your award winning wine!
smiley32.gif

And while I was typing the above, another Tom came forward with his entry. Great going Tom #2.

WooHoo...5 medals for me too!!
Gold
CC Yakima Valley Washington Gentil
RJ Spag Argentina Tannat Merlot

Silver
WE Pacific Quartet
WE Washington Columbia Valley Cab Franc/Merlot
RJ Spag Orchard Breezin Cranapple Chardonnay

Watch out George, I've got $500 to spend!!

WTG all winners

Way to go Dave! Great going! How many did you enter? I see you used Tara for the Orchard Breezin' Cranberry Chardonnay. Did you exceed 15 wines or did Tara claim that one because of it's great taste. LOL

Congratulations everyone.

I won a silver for a WE Selection Viognier out of 3 entered. Had a great time, got the opportunity to meet George and drank a lot of very good wine.

Steve

TankCa said:
Congratulations everyone.

I won a silver for a WE Selection Viognier out of 3 entered. Had a great time, got the opportunity to meet George and drank a lot of very good wine.

Steve

Perhaps it was Mini-Winestock West Edition?????????

Sounds like George was having a great time drinking with all you West Coasters.
Congrats Steve

A silver for Mosti Mondiale All Juice Chardonnay 2008

and a silver for Winexpert Selection Original Pinot Noir 2005.

I didn't expect the Chardonnay to medal and the one I expected to win something didn't...the chocolate raspberry port.

But what do I know?

Joan you know what you and thousaands of others like- the Chocolate Raspberry Port!

Way to go with two silvers! You seem to put together the whole package. Medals for Labels and Medals for the wine!

Latest posts

Back