Entries for WineMaker Magazine's 2009 Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a cursory review of the results yields some interesting observations:

321 entries in cabernet sauvignon. 57 Gold, 39 silver and 46 bronze for a total of 142 medals or about 44% received medals.

579 entries in "other red vinifera blends". 19 gold, 55 silver and 62 bronze for a total of 136 medals or about 23%.

You can find the same style wine, (barolo), in a couple of categories.

First year to enter and therefore study the results. I guess we could analyze a little more with another glass of wine.

Cheers,

Wayne

Too many 'Gazintas' for me to calculate, but thanks for the info!! I'll just sit back and enjoy my glass of wine and think about what to enter next year!!
CHEERS TO ALL...

WE'RE NUMBER 2!

Just got the info from WineMaker Mag. We had 67 medals from 33 customers. I will be sending out my certificates tonight.

This is AWESOME. Congrats to all and a big THANK YOU from me.
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

George,
Booya! How's that for a leap in productivity, eh?

How close were you to first place?

- Jim

Not sure how much I can share, but another 15 medals would have probably changed the outcome. I am feeling very good about next year!

No,the rules state that you can not enter a wine that has already medaled in their competition.

You're right, Joan - now's a great time to get some kits started in preparation for next year's competition! I'm already setting aside bottles.

- Jim

That is outstanding news George! The only thing is the chunk of change hurting the Toy Store's pockets. LOL I guess more people entered than let you know! That's great. The silent crowd sometimes steals the show.

I reckon this time next year they will know what we all already do, your #1 in our books George!
smiley32.gif

It is a little more than I budgeted, but over 80% is going to customers that have been shopping with me for 2 years or more. I could not think of a better group with which to share.

Advertising costs money and in my opinion, this investment will pay huge dividends and increase my branding. That sounds really strange coming from a bean counter that has had to learn marketing the hard way.

Thanks, jw for the kind words. Enjoy your winnings!

Oh my gosh, George!!! That is AWESOME!!!!! First Place for you next year!!!! Congratulations!!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Way to go George, I am happy for you. I will be double happy when you take the lead next year. I turned 2 of my friends on to you and 1 of them got a silver. I'll make sure he enters more next year, he only entered 2 this year. Best of luck.

Congratulations to all of the winners!!

I have a question regarding wine kit entries. Since the rules indicate that your wine cannot have been manufactured by a commercial winery or a professional wine maker, does this mean that one cannot use purchased wine to top up their wine kit because it would disqualify the wine kit as an entry? Or, is it assumed that topping up is part of the making of the kit, so it is not a problem?

Latest posts

Back