Entries for WineMaker Magazine's 2009 Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wctisue

Reaction score
George put out the invitation months ago to use the Winemaker's Toy Store as the holding point for wines going to the competition. I'm sorry to say that all of you will have to look at my backside because I WAS FIRST!!!! I dropped two bottles off at the store today. I've never entered before so no expectations. I've already lost all I can lose -- two bottles of wine and $50 bucks. I do hope ya'll will support George in his quest.

Wayne

Can you imagine tasting THOUSANDS of bottles... What a delight !!
smiley32.gif

Well then Wayne, You haveturned in the best wine so far!
smiley32.gif

Good Luck!!!
smiley20.gif

Can you imagine getting paid $25.00 per bottle to taste 1000 wines!!
smiley36.gif

I entered a Celler Craft Showcase Amarone Sep 07 and a Mosti All Juice Barolo Nov 07.

Will you send your entries direct to the competition or send to the Toy Store?

Wayne

Question, do they care what the vintages are of the wines entered? Could one enter a 2005 Amarone for instance. I also have a 2003 apple cyser that's coming along nicely.

Jeff

They can be any year and any type of wine.

CAUTION, You must put it in the right catagory. If not the wine will not score right.

Fritz! That's what happened with my chardonnay last year. :p

I'm re-entering the three wines that I sent last year now that they have had some time to come into their own. I will be sending them direct to the competition, as the drive to George is just a bit far.It's amazing to witness the changes over time.

- Jim

I like your cellar Jim. I wish I had the time to do that stuff
smiley6.gif
I'm jealous.

Waldo, which ones will you enter??? I know you have some good ones squirreled away.
smiley36.gif

Ive just about talked myself into entering a couple, would be good to see the notes / opinions on the endeavor.

uavwmn said:
Waldo, which ones will you enter??? I know you have some good ones squirreled away.
smiley36.gif

Thinking of entering one of my Ports, a Blackberry and a Muscadne

Everyone,
Please remember to write down George's store information for the retailer on the entry form. George can correct me if I'm wrong, but that provides access to his bonuses if your wines win a medal.

- Jim

nice cellar jc..... i<am going to send three to the wine copm. peach,raspberry and niagra...see what happens....

Didn't I read somewhere that a port could be entered in a port/275ml bottle or am I making that up?

This is from Entry rules

Entry deadline for wines to arrive is
March 17, 2009.
Wines are to be delivered to:
Battenkill Communications

5515 Main Street
Manchester Center, VT 05255
Ph: (802) 362-3981
Send ONE (1) BOTTLE per entry. Still
wines must be submitted in standard 750 ml
wine bottles. Ice wines or late harvest wines
can be submitted in 375 ml bottles. Still
meads can be submitted in 12 oz. or 22 oz.
beer bottles. Sparkling wines must be in
champagne bottles with proper closure and
wire. All bottles must be free of wax, decorative
labels and capsules. However, an
identification label will be required on the

bottle as detailed in rule #5.

Latest posts

Back