Entries for WineMaker Magazine's 2009 Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
most Italian wines are blends,especially the reds...i do believe...................................

GO AHEAD TEPE SEND YOUR AMMERONE ITS A WINNER
smiley2.gif

uavwmn:
I would say it could either go in 18 or 20 depending on the maker. 18 is for a White vinifera varietal- meaning more than 75% of it is from one vinifera variety. If it is less than 75% one variety, then it would go into 20- White vinifera blend. Riesling grapes are commonly used for this style wine, but there are others that can be use in it also. It makes a fruity wine with stone fruit aromas and flavors such as peaches and apricots.

I believe any red blend category would be right once they see the name i would think that would be enough,but i don,t know send it anyway..........

How are people shipping their entries? I have 5 or 6 bottles. I'm thinking one box would never hold that many safely. Anyone splitting their entries? If so, are you putting an entry sheet and a check in each box?

Joan said:
How are people shipping their entries? I have 5 or 6 bottles. I'm thinking one box would never hold that many safely. Anyone splitting their entries? If so, are you putting an entry sheet and a check in each box?

I have had lots of different wine shipped to me from all over the world, so my wine shipping 'recycled' boxes hold 2, 3, 4, 6, or 12 bottles. ULine makes some of these shippers or if you know anyone that has had wine shipped to them, it should have arrived in the wine shipping boxes (using polystyrene or preferably cardboard to stack the bottles and protect during shipping). I'm afraid I can't answer the split shipping box, but perhaps a friendly phone call to Winemaker Magazine can help there.

- Jim

I typically ship 5 bottles of wine when i ship out to a friend on the forum as its not much more then shipping 2 bottles, shipping 2 separate packages will cost almost double. I wrap each bottle with bubble wrap and then card board very tight and have extra card board on top and bottom with bubble wrap also protecting on top of bottle and bottom. Make the package tight so as no movement will happen. i have shipped out around 20 of these boxes around the states pretty far away and have not had an incident yet and have not paid more then $18 for 5 bottles. I use Staples to ship UPS standard. I claim they are jellies and Jams!

Thanks, Jim and Wade!

I will ship them in one box...now to find the right box and lots of bubbles!

Do you think they'd like some of George's peanuts??
smiley2.gif

Houston, I have a problem! I don't have any Chocolate Raspberry Port in 750ml bottles. Can I send two 375ml bottles?

You will need to pour the 2 into a 750. We did that last year and still won a bronze medal for our LaBodega Port.

By the way... I think it's kinda funny that there can be no labels or caps and I can still have my Five Vine Wines corks in all my bottles!
smiley4.gif

Yeah, I thought about that as well, but the uncorking is done by someone else and the judges do not see them. Just the poor guy uncorking the 4-5,000 bottles.
smiley11.gif

Oh my lord! I can't imagine!

How long are you saying you want your wines decanted?

I had no problem shipping my wines, I just drove them to Vermont myself!! I live in New Jersey so it only took me 3 1/2 hours. It was alot easier and cheaper than last year. I entered 15 wines myself and my wife entered 3. I also brought with me 10 from one friend and 2 from another. That gives you 30 more entries George, we wish you all the luck!! I can't wait to get my $1500 store credit (yeah right!!). GOOD LUCK ALL.

Wow!

Just out of curiosity, I sent an email to the competition email asking if I could send one or two 375ml bottles of my CRP instead of a 750ml. They said I only have to send one for a port entry! I am soooo happy!
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back