RJ Spagnols en Primeur Amarone della valpolicella

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricky

Reaction score
Hello
Just started this kit earlier today.... my 2nd kit,first with raisins,and dried skins....i was reading a thread here .....WAS I SUPPOSED TO USE ONE OR THE OTHER?....the instructions don`t mention nothing about raisins.....just add oak and skins...( witch it came with dried skins)....my SG was 1.104 at 79 degrees.... the instuctions say it should be between 1.085 and 1.110.... i know in at the high end ...But.. what about the raisins.... a lil newbie panic setting in.....I HOPE!!!....:s

Ricky..

yes use them both. In the past, RJS instructions have mentioned "dried fruit" to be added prior to the yeast.

The posts you may have seen about use one or the other are about a Mosti Mondiale kit, if I recall correctly.

Steve

Thanks cpfan.... i did add both raisins and skins....at the time i figured "what the hell"....everything is going well, fermenting nicely.....question...something i`m noticing...when i`m dunkin the skins ,oak, raisins....( there all in separate hop bag)....everythings foaming....as i push them down and slightly stir....am i degassing?....it seems to be releasing gas....because it dissipates....and the foam seems to clear up...and a couple hours later it`s sizzling again....but man ..it smells GREAT!!!....:HB

Last edited:
Ricky, the foam that you see is from the fermentation of the items in the bag and the CO2 generated. It is trapped in the bag until you press it or push it down when it is released suddenly.

Latest posts

Back