Dry Creek Overlook

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gaudet - the deer survived as far as I know, however I did manage to get a picture from the back porch of the culprit standing next to one of the trees that didn't make it. As Homer Simpson would say: DOE!!!!!!

img024Small.jpg

MMMMMM she looks delicious....... Glad all I have to fight off is the birds down here.......

Went out into the garden and saw some weird looking things on my grape vines. Think I should be concerned????

P3310007Small.jpg

(the dandelion in the background is gone now)

P3310002Small.jpg

Well Bud , not sure what that is. I have a couple of buddies on here thoughthat may be able to identify what it is.
smiley4.gif

Oh chop that off and cut the vine down before it spreads or your going to need more carboys!!!!!
smiley36.gif

Good one Wade. This will be their third year, so it'll be interesting if I get anything other than a lot of vines and leaves.

I'll bet you'll be pleasantly surprised at what you get the third year! Wish we had that, but then we have a "winter weather advisory" tonight! Ah... spring!
smiley36.gif

Survived the storms with not much damage even with one tornado passing within a mile last week. The only thing I've seen out in the vineyard, beside tree branches, is a majority of the tips of the new growths coming out on the vines were broken off (first 3-4 inches). Considering portions of some towns are gone, I'm not complaining at all.

I don't think I will ever get used to seeing Muscadines in their loose clusters more like clumps of grapes! Good luck with them! I figured they would be farther along there by now.

Actually, those are either the Syrah or the Merlot grapes - the cuttings got mixed up when I planted them. The loose clusters are odd, but all the storms etc blowing through when they were just flowering out the past few months might have something to do with it. Can't say for sure. The vines were pretty beat up. But considering most "experts" say they can't be grown down South, I'm just rather pleased to see something on there other than leaves.

May have something to do with our soil dragonmaster as mine are looking the same as yours

IMG_6367.jpg

Darn Dragonmaster, here I thought you had nice big bunches of small muskies
smiley36.gif
It's cool that you guys are even able to grow them at all there in the south.

Latest posts

Back