Other Degassing with the All in One Wine Pump

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpkinman

Reaction score
I know that there was some concern about degassing a kit with a vacuum pump.

After manually degassing a Pinot Grigio Kit for what seemed an eternity, we decided to use the All In One Wine Pump, let me tell you....in no time, we degassed a kit (as per the instruction before we added the fining agent), prior to using the All in One Pump, we had attempted to degass by hand...20 mins into it, it appeared to have no effect at all, still tons of CO2.

After seeing just how efficient the All In One Pump was, my buddy ordered one on the spot!

It saved a ton of time and effort, not to mention, the kit will clear without the worry of too much gas.

I think that one of the things that surprised my buddy was just how much the wine changed after degassing properly, prior to using the pump, the wine, full of CO2 tasted tart, almost bitter, as a young wine will. After degassing with the All In One, the wine actually tasted more like it should, you could taste the fruitiness that we expect from a Pinot Grigio, and only a slight amount of tart.

Once again Steve.....Great job my friend!!!!

Thanks Tom !
I hope your friends wine turns out great ! By chance I recall you mentioned on an earlier post about a friend who was having problems making wine ?
Could this be the same person ?

This is the friend that was making the wine in his garage with the mice all over, he has turned a new leaf!! Making kits, purchasing the All In One Pump!

He has several kits going right now, 3 Moscato from Williams Homebrew (very odd, 2 cans of concentrate and a packet of yeast), WE Vinters Reserve Pinot Grigio, 2 RJ Spagnoles Cru Select Brunello.
Yep, I've invited him here, this is the buddy who was making the wine in his garage....a major change!

UPDATE:

3 days later, the wine is just about crystal clear.
If your have the pump, use it!
The myth that you shouldn't use, or fear of using the All In One Pump on a kit is busted!!!!

Why bust yer arse manually, when you can work smart, not hard...not to mention efficiently!

Using the All in one vacuum pump is the only way I degass now, though not having glass 6 gallon carboys has me doing all my kits in 5's now
(note to self buy glass 6 gal carboys)

i put it to the test on my peach apricot chard and its pretty darn clear already, another week of clearing and boom its crystal clear.

Vacuum degassing is the only way to go (I built my own setup). I've done at least ten kits this way. I'll never whip again.

I agree that the All in One Vacuum Pump makes degassing a breeze. This is without I doubt the best piece of wine making equipment I have bought to date. I agree with the statement to work smarter, not harder. Thanks for making your product available Steve!

Where was it stated that you shouldn't degass a wine kit with a vacuum pump? That just sounds silly to me. However, I have seen people work reeeeaallly hard at not working, so...

OK, I'm about to bite the bullet and buy one of these things. To degas, are you just racking from one carboy to another? Does anyone use the all in one pump for bottling?

it does it all Shaun its worth it for sure, racking, bottling, degassing it does a great job with all of those and in a short period of time. basically the auto siphons and all of the extra stuff you had before is basically useless with this setup.

OK, I'm about to bite the bullet and buy one of these things. To degas, are you just racking from one carboy to another? Does anyone use the all in one pump for bottling?

I use the allinone bottling attachments for bottling my wine. It is really hassle free. I previously used the bottling wand and wasted sometimes as much as a bottle of wine with every 30-bottle session. With the allinone attachments, I doubt I loose even a tablespoon of wine during bottling.

Degassing, racking and bottling made easy!

The only thing you need with the Allinone is 2 - 3/8 racking canes and 1 clear empty wine bottle
everything else comes with it (except for the wine - LOL)

Please look at this review as alot of people commented on how they like the bottling feature of it
http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f3/review-allinonewinepump-15976/

therer are alot of talk as well about degassing into a carboy - I am sure that there are alot of topics on this -
http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/f3/review-allinonewinepump-15976/index40.html

I use the allinone bottling attachments for bottling my wine. It is really hassle free. I previously used the bottling wand and wasted sometimes as much as a bottle of wine with every 30-bottle session. With the allinone attachments, I doubt I loose even a tablespoon of wine during bottling.

Degassing, racking and bottling made easy!

I did 74 bottles on Tuesday afternoon and all I had in the overflow bottle was about 2 teaspoons.

I love this thing.

dralarms said:
I did 74 bottles on Tuesday afternoon and all I had in the overflow bottle was about 2 teaspoons.

I love this thing.

And hopefully that overflow didn't go to waste!

I have used the All in One Pump to vaccuum degass and clear my last 5 wine kits. My last batch of wine to use this method was the Eclipse Riesling. The Riesling was 80 per cent clear the next day after degassing and adding the fining agent. It was crystal clear on day 4. Winexpert white wines have always been the hardest for me to degass and clear using a drill and paddle.
This also been the best wine equipment purchase I have made.

Damn you all! I'm not good with temptation. I just place an order for my All in One. Don't tell my wife!

Latest posts

Back