Crushing Muscadine grapes

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess you'll just have to come back down and get more to try to do naturally, there's still plenty here

oh just bring you a cool suit so you don't get so hot LOL

Did not take any acid readings. I dumped the skins into the primary from the bag. I added nutrient and yeast a few minutes ago. We'll see how it goes. Like I said before. With the skins I have 2 full primaries. I'll combine both after initial transfer and see where we end up quantity wise. It should be very nice body wise..

if you use the bigger one what is it 7 gallon then you should end up with abit over 5 all together if not alot more not sure how you all do yours

oh you can push them 3 or 4 times a day and they'll keep coming up LOL

oh you can push them 3 or 4 times a day and they'll keep coming up LOL

Yep, I generally have been punching down the cap 3 times a day. Morning before work, after work and before bed. SG on these is now down to 1.06. Working well. Smells terrific combined with the Apple Spice I have going.

I'll be racking into a fresh carboy tomorrow. Fermentation has long ceased. I'll check sg in the am then transfer. The fermented dry wine is good, but with a teaspoon or 2 of sugar to a 10 oz glass it is outstanding already.

When I transferred on the 11th, sg was at .994 from 1.088 with a total of 10 gallons of wine from 30+ lbs of Reds after pressing and squeezing. I backsweetened to 1.010 over Thanksgiving weekend. Great flavor, a little thin, but great flavor. I purchased a gallon of glycerine and added 5 oz to each carboy to increase mouth feel. I'll report back next month.

I'm hoping to build my press this winter then I'll start the nobles. I may shoot for 8 gallons of must with hope of getting 6 gallons of finsihed wine from the 2 1/2 gallons of juice and 7 gallons of skins I have.

Latest posts

Back