Corker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent2489

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK.....so if money was no object which corker would you buy??? I am tired of the cheap corker that came with my kit, purchased when I was unsure you really COULD make good; WAIT!!; make that GREAT wine at home.
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Id go with the Italian floor corker but must say if you are watching your $ and on a budget the port is also very good and Ive had mine for about 5 years now and it still works great and I make a lot of wine!

The Italian stands a little taller [less bending over to use it], but they both work great for a home wine maker.....I have the Italian model...over 6yrs. and no problems...

I bought a bench mounted version of the Italian corker. I don't have to bend over at all and it works great!!

BOB

I have both the Italian and the Portugese models. They both work very nicely. The Italian model is taller requiring less bending over. So, it just depends how big is your piggy bank today.

Robert

I just got my Italian floor corker yesterday, assembled it and tried it out. It is the BEANS! I wonder if George would take back a hand corker that has never been used!

When you say "it is the BEANS" are you referring to a new wine recipe? Sounds fascinating - get wasted & have gas.

I have a new Italian corker being delivered this week. I also have an unused hand corker.

Darn, all along I ASSUMED I had the Italian one but now discover mine is Portuguese!!! I just figured since it was Farrari Red it must be Italian. My kids gave it to me . . . didn't they know I would only be making Italian wine?
smiley19.gif
BTW I love it, only thing is I have to put a brick under the 375ml bottles cause the platform will not go high enough for the small bottles. Does the Italian model do 375's?

Oh yeah, Tony. it does all sizes. But the major advantage is that the iris is made of brass rather than nylon. It would probably last longer for a high volume operation.

I have the Porto Floor Corker and do 375's every time I bottle. Never had a problem and I don't use a brick!
smiley23.gif

Latest posts

Back