Chatroom Link

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

St Allie

Tech Administrator
Reaction score
A chatroom link is going to be added as a sticky in the chit chat forum for one month ONLY as a trial.

basic common sense applies..

this room is for quick replies to wine issues.

keep cussing to a minimum
nothing sexist or racist unless you want to be banned
no illegal conversation, 21years and over at all times
no drama
no bitching ( sorry for the cussing!)
no personal attacks ( if you don't like each other... take it to private, the rest of us don't care to witness it)

be mindful of your typing, not everyone interprets what you type as what you intended. ( please clarify the conversation before losing your temper).

Mods on this forum are NOT kindergarten teachers, if we ask you to take a break from the room, DO it!

Banning is not something we wish to do.

IF ...I have missed any other common sense rule..please pm me.

Management will review the chatroom as a permanent option after one month. Hopefully with everyones reasonable co-operation, we can make the chatroom a permanent feature of this forum.

http://client4.addonchat.com/chat.php?id=495506

Enjoy!

Allie

If you need a quick answer someone will have to be on at all times. I was on today many times and no one was there. I know this has just came up but eventhough there were several on in the past.

Currently there are many folks on here. Wouldn't it be more beneficial to have a quick help thread here. However topics can get off topic quick.

Would it not be more beneficial to add a "How Two" sticky on here. These would be the basics of how to do the most popular things. Start a wine. Racking. Clearing. Acid tests. etc. Seems to me there are many of the same questions on here that need answered, just by different people. If other forums are not up to the info. why can't we fill the void. The numbers keep growing. and that's a good thing. Let's make it a GREAT thing.

Just my opinion.

Thoughts

This is a more, I need specific help.....someone will be here to help..and please be mindful that we are not always online.

Steve, a how to is a great idea and Ive thought of it also but just never have the time to do so. If you would like to do one or 2 please feel free to do so and maybe it will push me or someone else into also making some time.

I have been talking to julie about that. I've started a hydrometer how to already. maybe I'll finish it and forward to you and others for approval

I had a newbie on here create a how to make wine that just needed so much work I couldnt use it. I hope I didnt hurt his feelings by not posting it but if Im going to post it it just has to be legit in all ways.

Spent some time on the chat room again tonight. Very enjoyable. Misc, talk and wine stuff. Gotta learn how to type fast. For awhile I was rockin 3 windows. Got to be a little coordinated.

Definitely worth checking out folks. Would be nice to see on here, who's on the chat room before jumping over.

Wade I asked who was minding the store while we were away. They said you. Ha Ha. Thanks.

I'm on in the evening ( NZ time).. for about an hour..

and will have more time after I get back from singapore ( after 9th nov)

then I am offline from 1st dec to 8th dec on a motorbike tour with friends ( please save me from myself!)..

back to help mod the chatroom after those dates.

Allie

OK everyone....

You need to know that in general.. the management here is not keen on maintaining a chatroom fulltime, it's in the too hard basket at present.. and fair enough too.. we have lives to live as well.

So it is down to you guys over the next month to show us that you want one.. and also that you can behave yourselves.

all issues to be sent to me...ok?

I'm putting my neck out for you guys..

Allie

Allie, have you thought about what you just said? LOL! Anywayz, the mods in there are the ones who instigate everything!!!

We had a private chat about it closetwine.. and the main response between us is, that the forum works fine already as it is.

If the chatroom proves to be a good addition, we'll keep it going.

Allie

actually all a person has to do is look at who's on the forum and ask them to go to the chatroom if they need help not hard to do, even if the person isn't able to help they may know whom to ask.

if nothing esle they could come here and maybe post a time when they can go to the chatroom you know??

works for me Sirs. with the proviso that they understand how timezones work.. my hours are not your hours.

Allie

What????? you mean we're not in the same time zone??? I mean when I look at google earth your no more than a couple inches away should'nt be that much of a difference.....j/k I would hope people are smart enough to realize that (but there are those people you know the ones they put all those warning lables on everything for) hey most days if I'm not on here I'm on facebook so anyone ever wants to get hold of me just holler.

works for me Sirs. with the proviso that they understand how timezones work.. my hours are not your hours.

Allie

I'm not able to see anything exept a white page that says you need Java to get on, with a link to Java. I already have Java, but upgraded to be sure and I still just get the white page????

:a1

I'm not able to see anything exept a white page that says you need Java to get on, with a link to Java. I already have Java, but upgraded to be sure and I still just get the white page????

:a1

what browser and version are you using?

What????? you mean we're not in the same time zone??? I mean when I look at google earth your no more than a couple inches away should'nt be that much of a difference.....j/k I would hope people are smart enough to realize that (but there are those people you know the ones they put all those warning lables on everything for) hey most days if I'm not on here I'm on facebook so anyone ever wants to get hold of me just holler.

Boy oh Boy,

These kiwis always have to be different! :h

<just kidding, I have always wanted to see your country. Perhaps, someday, before I die.....>

Back