Champlain Valley - Grapemans' vineyard - Planting to small winery

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally you can start making money on what you love to do! Now that is priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smiley32.gif

Ka-Ching!</font>

Ka-Ching!</font>

Ka-Ching!</font>

Way to go Rich!
smiley32.gif

Cutting it close or perfect timing depending on how you look at it!

Well it is official!

I just opened a big yellow manilla envelope and inside is this shiny new certificate from the New York State Liquor Authority.
It reads

"This temporary wholesale permit, issued under section 76B of the Alcoholice Beverage Control Law, Authorizes the permittee designated below to perform the same activities as are performed by a winery or farm winery licensee.

Gentlemen "Start Your Engines"! And we are off and running!!!!!!

Congratulations, Rich, I can't think of anyone more worthy. Can't wait to come East to visit you + Al's fledgling wineries. Cheers to you
smiley32.gif

ditto to Bonnie Joy's ..."
Congratulations, Rich, I can't think of anyone more worthy."

cheers
cheers
cheers to u
and many moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

got it going on now on

congratulations

rrawhide

I agree with the others and hope this prospers as much as you give to this hobby now turned pro. You do so much for this forum and for the growing of grapes knowledge base. I speak for many out there when I say thanks.

The grapes continue to pick up sugars especially this week with it being around 90 or higher since Sunday. I did a bunch of brix readings. The whites are a bit lower than the reds in general, but not much. Chardonel is around 19 brix, St Pepin 19 or 20 and LaCrosse at 18. For reds, Leon Millot is a hair over 20 brix, St Croix 18,Sabrevois 17, GR-7 18 and Frontenac is all over the map depending on location. It ranges from 17 where they are most vigorous -to 31 brix in the driest spot where I have some raisined bunches! I may have to harvest that dry spot seperately before too many bunches raisin. Marquette is around 22 brix.

We are expecting a cool down over the weekend to the 60's then into tne 70's next week. Harvest is looming................. Am I ready?
smiley5.gif

That was a very small sample Wade. If it keeps creeping up there, I will mix with less ripe areas to get around 26 brix overall. No problem with acid at any sugar level with Frontenac- unless you count too high of acid.

Today is a sample day for the NE SARE trial vines. There will be 30 samples of 50 grapes each, testing each panel of 4 vines for brix, pH and TA. This is the reason I purchased a Hanna mini titrator last year. It still takes hours to collect them all, then prepare them and run the samples.

I collected all the sample and ran the labwork on all of them. It took over 6 hours to do that.

The brix is higher than all of the same grapes last year at harvest in October. The pH is currently lower than last year and TA is still higher. As those get more in line with harvest numbers, the brix levels shoul be great. If anybody is interested in the spreadsheet of data from this sample, let me know and I can post it.

Spreadsheets......Data..........

I am all over it!

Lets see some nuuuuuummmmmmbbbbbbeeeeerrrrrrrsssssssss!
smiley23.gif

Here is the table of data from the samples yesterday. The acids are still pretty high, but they will come down quickly- I hope.

Need to add again when time allows.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back