RJ Spagnols cellar classic vs grand cru international

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georges

Junior
Reaction score
my LHBS only stocks limited range of RJS kits. unfortunately they don't seem to have the cellar classic winery series or the en primeur series which i gather are the top end?

anyway, RJS make so many different brands and their website doesn't really give much information. i was wondering, out of "cellar classic" and "grand cru international" which my LHBS does have, which is best?

cheers

g

From the Spagnols website

Cellar classic = 6 week, 15L kit
Grand cru int = 5 week, 12L kit

so in terms of quality = more juice, then cellar classic is the better quality

From the Spagnols website

Cellar classic = 6 week, 15L kit
Grand cru int = 5 week, 12L kit

so in terms of quality = more juice, then cellar classic is the better quality

I don't think that it is that cut-and-dried. The Cellar Classic soes not include grape skins, and the Grand Cru International does (for most (all?) red varieties).

The standard Cellar Classic is a low-end 6 week kit, the GCI is a high end 4-week kit. I have not had the opportunity to compare the two brands sibe-by-side (I've never made a GCI, and only once or twice the CC).

It also depends a bit pn which varieties you are asking about. The CC Rosso Grande, Grande Shiraz, and Grande VCR are designed as full-bodied wines. I don't thnk there is a corresponding variety in the GCI line.

Steve

Steve

Latest posts

Back