Carboy cleaning

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve, the more I think about this, the more I agree with you, the last thing any of us would want is to see someone get hurt by mixing chemicals without knowing much about the chemicals they are mixing. Plus there is no need to mix oxyclean with any other cleaner, that is a waste.

Definitely, NO NOT mix any cleaning chemicals. An old friend once cleaning the bath tub, used a mixure of Chorox and something else. His wife came in a found him dead. Cause of death was the toxic fumes from the two chems he mixed.

Julie, thanks for sharing the Oxi-clean suggestion. Mine need a good cleaning too, but haven't thought about that. I use Oxi-clean for just about every thing else already. That just didn't hit me.

Definitely, NO NOT mix any cleaning chemicals. An old friend once cleaning the bath tub, used a mixure of Chorox and something else. His wife came in a found him dead. Cause of death was the toxic fumes from the two chems he mixed.

Julie, thanks for sharing the Oxi-clean suggestion. Mine need a good cleaning too, but haven't thought about that. I use Oxi-clean for just about every thing else already. That just didn't hit me.

I am sorry about your friend.

The most common cause of something like this with household cleaners is chlorine bleach and ammonia being mixed. This results in the release of chlorine gas....potent and lethal enough that it was used in the trenches of WWI. One should know exactly what they are doing when mixing chemicals, and cleaners are often potent chemicals.

Latest posts

Back