Candy Cane wine Recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL !
I just DEwraped 48 canes for my f-pac on the 4 gal batch.
Mine stopped just above 1.005. Never went dry

Tom, I could not get mine lower than 1.014. It is crystal clear and when I rack off the sediment that'll leave space for the f-pack. The f-pack made 5.5 cups. Boy, if only the wine was this red!

Last edited:
Added my f-pak (84 candy canes) today. Sg is up to 1.026. Tastes pretty mediciney (is that a word). I would like to know how Lon's ended up as I remember him referring to the new stuff as toilet bowl cleaner. We'll leave it in the carboy to age and clear back up and see what happens.

Racked mine 5 days ago. It never went below 1.016. Lots of seditment (guessing from the banana soup) and slowly clearing. Well stabilize and super clear and F-Pac at the next recking.
Pink in color right now.

Medicinal Medicinal Medicinal Medicinal Medicinal Medicinal Medicinal Medicinal

ok ok you're a rough bunch, I git it!

achalkboard.jpg

I'd be interested if everyone's taste like this? Sounds like Mead, rather than wine.
I didn't care for Mead at all.

It was minty, maybe a weak Nyquil. How do you say medicinal?

Dan,
I went to The Restaurant Store. I picked up some "syrup". I got a bottle of PEPPERMINT which I will add some to the CC Wine. I think this wil help big time.
Also picked up more Peach (2), Strawberry (1), and Raspberry (1).

yes. To MY taste.
I have now way of making a candy cane f-pac so, peppermint

yea all that did is bump up the gravity ..no real "flavor" Hence the unsweetened peppermint to be added. Added superkleer on the 7th crystal clear w/ nice color. Will wait 2 weeks or so to rack and add syrup

Latest posts

Back