can I drink some wine while it's fermenting

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMT

Junior
Reaction score
I use a balloon as airlock

If I remove the balloon for few seconds and pour the wine into a cup (while it's still fermenting)

then I put the balloon again on the wine

will doing this ruin my wine

I use this method to make my wine

youtube.com/watch?v=9tWZAH1BuD0

there's no primary fermentation or secondary fermentation here

so I don't know If removing the balloon ruin my wine or not

Taking the baloon off for a min. will not ruin your wine. However, wine that is still fermenting will have a yeasty smell and taste. Of course until I got the AIO, I tasted my wine every time I moved it from container to container. :D

Removing the balloon will not hurt that stuff very much. I would suggest you get some very basic equipment and do it using some improved methods and it will be much better. You can buy a gallon jug or buy some cheap wine in a jug, drink the wine and have the jug to use. Then get a proper bung and airlock. $10 or less and you can use it over and over.

Removing the balloon will not hurt that stuff very much. I would suggest you get some very basic equipment and do it using some improved methods and it will be much better. You can buy a gallon jug or buy some cheap wine in a jug, drink the wine and have the jug to use. Then get a proper bung and airlock. $10 or less and you can use it over and over.

I agree with Rich. Airlock and bung cost about $3 and get a $5 jug of wine from the store - you are set to go.

You SHOULD taste your wines at every stage of the process, I think. Especially if you are just starting out. It helps you know where the wine is at, and gives insights into what you might do for future batches. I always steal a small amount with a wine thief during processes.

An alternate airlock if you have matrials lying around is a drilled cork, aquarium tubing and a dish of water. Put turbing in cork hole and seal with bee's or candle wax (or even Elmer's Glue) , put cork in carboy, run tubing from cork to dish, submerge end in water in dish.

I chatted with a guy once who makes wine by attaching the finger of a medical glove to his vessel, then rubber-banding a tube from the tip of that to the dish of water. He says the glove accomodates all sizes of jar openings, right up to using the writ portion around a widemouth and cutting off just one finger for the tube. Different ideas on how to get there.

I agree with all the above statements.

I might also add the the benefits to your health of the Probiotics in the fermenting wine are numerous to your health!

RR

RegionRat said:
I might also add the the benefits to your health of the Probiotics in the fermenting wine are numerous to your health!

RR

I wonder if this can be a new diet fad. I would be on board with it. :)

You might have to learn how to do the "green apple quick step." :)

You know it!! LOL. I didnt know a polite way to say it.

You do stay EVERY regular eating raw-refmented foods. My system is used to it but every once in a while.......... just say'n.

RR

Back