WineXpert California Trinity Red

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redtrk

Winemaking dysfunctional
Reaction score
I stopped into one of local beer/wine suppliers here in Cincinnati today to get a couple of bungs and saw this kit. Somehow it managed to follow me home. :D
Have any of you made it and did you make any changes to it?

WE Trinity Red.jpg

Haven't made it, but I do like blends, both white and red.

My brother in law makes this as a regular house red and it is quite good for a midline kit - he doesn't tweak it at all.

The kit's good...it's not going to be great, but if you're looking for a good early drinkable dry red, it fits. I picked this one up so I would be less tempted to crack open the Australian Cab, Argentine Malbec, and South African Pinotage I have down in the crawl aging.

Peace,
Bob

So it sounds like this is a quick drinker! I really don't care how fast it's ready because I have so many others going right now. I do see that it's a dry wine so to please the wife I'll be sweetening it a little. I'll probably split in into 2 three gallon batches first.

I have not made that kit, Rick, but I have heard a lot of good things about it on this site and on another site I frequented in the past. Just a suggestion, to give it some sweetness and a little more TDS, you might add 16 oz. of red raisins. I believe they enhance many wines I have made. A tip I got somewhere along the way is to "pulse" them in a food processor to break the skins. I add them without a bag but you can do it either with or without.

Back