Bottling Bung for your vacuum pumps

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW first off what is the music? The video was awesome. I was just thinking today about how I could do a double hole bung for bottles. I like to save my less to bottles and siphon off any wine I can save. This is a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Dan, not sure what you mean in your post. Dont you have to bottle fillers already? Twin, that is a great DIY!!!!!!!

I mean A double like twins just showed so I can rack from a 750ml to another. If I add all of my sediment to one then I can just siphon off the good juice from the sediment.

TwinMaples,
Nice invention and great video/explanation.

Thanks for the feedback. Dan, the name of the song is "Buena Fortuna". It was on a CD of music for videos that I bought just for that song.

I am going to work on doing something with a solid #3 bung as well. I started with the universal bung because it seems like it would be easier to move from bottle to bottle.

Jim

The solid bungs are tough to drill cleanly. If you find some tricks let us know! I know Wade was trying freezing and wasn't happy with the results. I think liquid nitrogen was his next experiment.

Will do, Rob. I have two different tools in mind to try, but probably won't be able to work on it for a few days.

Jim

Where do you get the plastic "T"s & elbows....... Saw some on-line for around $2.00 but they wanted $9.25 to ship them.... Must be CRAZY!!
Al

Ace hardware either has them or can get them no problem. Home Depot doesnt carry many if any of these plastic fittings any more for some reason and wont get them for you either. Its one reason I try not to do business with them.

Thanks Wade.....
Found another place that has dozens of various type & sizes & there is one here in the Burg.... Grainger Supply, although not sure if you can just buy 1 or 2. May come in a bag of a dozen. But they do have every size you can think of!
Al

nice idea and video...you even have the voice and demeanor of an instructor

Yep, we have a Grainger very close here also but they are a PITA and you need to fill out a lot of paperwork before you can buy something there.

Last edited:
I agree totally, Wade. They're set up for big companies and, not so much, for "the little guy".

I think you right on some restrictions for the general public purchasing stuff from them, but I just make up some cock & bull story that my boss wanted me to pick up some items & put it on the account where I used to work. They used to but a lot of stuff from them. Seems to have worked in the past...., hopefully will continue to do so...
Al

There are many vendors out on the web. It's time-consuming to find a good one. I've ordered from www.fastfittings.com, and I will probably order from http://www.ark-plas.com.

You do have the disadvantage of shipping costs, but it's costly driving all over town, too. And, you sometimes have a $25 or $50 minimum; that hurts, too. I think fastfittings had a flat $7.50 charge on shipping, which isn't too bad.

Jim

Whatever I'm doing, I do for two; my son and me. That helps some.

Jim

Like I said though, Ace Hardware can get pretty much anything and the one near me no matter when you order it gets it in on Tuesdays. Ive asked them for some strange things and they have come through every time!

Latest posts

Back