WineXpert Best 4 week whites

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manitobawineo

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for a 4 week white kit. WineXpert or Vineco. Thanks!

My wife likes a Pinot Grigio or Sauv blanc usually

cmason:

which WE kit? The 4 weeks are World Vineyard French Sauvignon Blanc, and Vintners Reserve Sauvignon Blanc.

manitobawineo:

It's a while since I made a 4-week white. That was a Cheeky Monkey German Gewurztraminer. I made it as per instructions (for family reasons), which means it was off-dry (ie I added the sweetening pack post fermentation). My wife and I enjoyed, but would have preferred it drier, and would happily make another one only this time with the sweetening pack added before the yeast. If I was choosing one today, it would be more likely a Riesling, Gewurztraminer, or Viognier. There's so many good choices, and it mostly depends on what you and/or your wife prefer.

Steve

Last edited:
Hi Manitobawineo ,
I know you like Cheeky Monkey . This is what I would try as a 4 week kit .
"20Thirteen White - limited release

Cheeky Monkey Sugar Code: Alcohol Vol: 12.5

Chardonnay may be Australia’s star white, but Muscat brings a cheeky lift to this party: hot dry weather and plenty of sunshine ensure ripe grapes bursting with flavour. This aromatic wine is lush with white fruits, hints of pineapple and peach from the Chardonnay and wonderfully perfumed ‘grapey’ notes from the Muscat. Beautifully balanced; the finish is dry, but very fruity and rich. Perfect for good times with friends! "
cheers

Just remember that the "4 weeks" is only fermenting time. A better wine will show with 4 to 6 months for a white and a year or so for a red.

I am not a white drinker. But, I made the WE Coastal white, tweaked with raisins and light oak for body. All my white friends (Sorry but I think that is funny) love the wine. They liked it the day I bottled it. So much said for their taste levels. They like it even better now that is 4 mo. older.

The California trinity white - World Vinters - was excellent.

I've tried Angel Blanco. Not bad, not great. I did two kits. One was made per instructions, the other I added additional sugar to boost the alcohol. For the first three months, I enjoyed the chappelized version over the standard. 6 months in and I find I like the standard one better. Both have definitely changed with some aging.

I have really good success with the piersporter and Viognier. Both in the lower line (vintners reserve?). Paid around $70 or so per kit. I know WE has a pricier version of the Piersporter - around $100 range. May give it a Shot one of these days.

Adam

Of the '4 week' whites my favorite has been the Muller Thurgau, some of the other varietals I thought benefited from more time or greater volume /less concentration. I'd plan for a couple addition weeks of clearing with the Elderflower additions though.

My WE World Vinyard Pinot Grigio turned out real nice.
Their French Sauvignon Blanc a close second.

However, I think they may be 5 week kits, can't remember fer sure.

Latest posts

Back