Belated intro

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grmtgirl

Junior
Reaction score
Hi there from VT! New to wine making, but do have couple years in on beer brewing. I posted in beginners (problem arose) prior to introducing myself. :slp Sorry!

I've been reading through posts, bought 2 books on wine making, alot of net searching... and decided I'm trying to cram too much into my head in a short time, get my notes in order, and relax before proceeding further.
I currently have 10 gal of apple in secondary, 6 gal apple in primary, 1 gal blueberry in primary, 1.5 gal left overs primary(waste not want not?) what the heck? And 10 gal beer brewing.

welcome to your 2nd hobby (addiction).

Hey there grmtgirl! Where abouts are you located in the Green Mountain State? I'm across the lake in NY. Have fun during your stay and new way of life.

Thank you all! I've found alot of good/GREAT info & humor! I'm just about smack-dab in the middle of VT-Tunbridge. Had been interested in getting into wine, but was busy enough with other things, however the bumper apple crop & not so into baking any longer, pushed forward with this venture! I just wish I had net @ home to be browsing here & in kitchen @ same time! Hope all have great weekend, I'm heading home early to do transfers (beer), finish re-writing my earlier notes, & finding a beet recipe! Looking forward to it!

welcome grmtgirl

As one who also got started in brewing beer I think you will find the transition to wine making quite easy as most of the equipment is the same. In fact I find wine making much simpler as it has fewer steps.

The major difference I have found is wine making takes much longer time before you can enjoy the fruits of your addiction. Three things that are different with wine is you have to stop the fermentation process, degas, and make sure when you bulk age that limit your head space in your carboy.

Oh, I'm hoping some of the wine will be drinkable...jumped in w/both feet and poor "recipes"... the blueberry is the only one from a real book! I figure it'll be either drinkable, drain cleaner, or lighter fluid...don't have much $ in any of it (except beer & I only made small variance on my recipes for those). Learned alot from my mistakes already and from reading posts here~WEALTH of info & very much appreciated!

Welcome to a great forum lots of information and fun...

Dan, I've read alot of your posts & think I have a clue as to why you're a Super Moderator,,, able to pick things apart & put 'em back together to make sense to the rest of us! Yeah, very simple & not very original, but what can I say, was in a hurry to get into what looks to be a heck of a party! :)

and Vin Man, 5 gal of American style Ale & 5 gal Stout style...

Back