RJ Spagnols Barbaresco

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winery

Junior
Reaction score
I am getting ready to rack my Italian Barbaresco to a secondary.
What would be a compatible wine a can buy for a reasonable price
to "top off" with any thoughts?

Thanks!

If you can find a commercial Nebbiolo in your area that woud be best. Barolo is also exceptable but typically much more expensive! If only needing about 1 bottle and full wine will do as it wont change the profile, 2-3 bottles and you will start to change it slightly.

If you can find a commercial Nebbiolo in your area that woud be best. Barolo is also exceptable but typically much more expensive! If only needing about 1 bottle and full wine will do as it wont change the profile, 2-3 bottles and you will start to change it slightly.

Thanks wade!

There are tons of Barbarescos around $15.00 per bottle. they will be young (09's). check out winesearcher.com and plug in your zip code and Barbaresco. Also post what you have made and are making in the "what have you made" section and the folks on the forum can look and make suggestions.

http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/barbaresco/2009/usa

You don't say where your located but if you have a Trader Joe's anywhere close they have quite a few options in the $5-$10 range.

You don't say where your located but if you have a Trader Joe's anywhere close they have quite a few options in the $5-$10 range.

Thanks for all the answers.I picked up two bottles today.

Have a great week end to all!!

Latest posts

Back