RJ Spagnols Banana Pineapple Viognier Experiment Underway!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DirkDiggler said:
Hi vcasey,
Is the darker wine in the right carboy the unmodified?

To be honest I don't remember which was which and both are now bottled. The one on the right looks darker because the carboy behind it has a dark cover over it that you can see through the one in front making it appear darker. Both ended up being the same color, the coconut rum I used is clear so the wines color remained the same.

Finished!!!

20100422_125159_DSCN5762_Deskto.JPG

20100422_125047_DSCN5761_Deskto.JPG

It's a hit!!!
This was a wonderful finish to a wonderful day! Our oldest son graduated from USF this morning and I had made this wine for the occasion. And boy did everyone absolutely love them, especially the coconut rum
half.
We had a wine tasting with several of my wines - Blackberry, Black Currant, Blueberry, a blend I call Conquistador Red and the BPV. They all left with a case each of a mix of these, plus few others.
Now its time to go sit outside with a glass of wine and just ...............relax!

Congratulations on your son's graduation from USF. My son will start at Oklahoma State this fall. Also, glad to hear that the wine turned out great. I have BPV in acarboy clearing now, and will add the coconut rum to 3 gallons of it later. It did not want to clear, so I degassed some more and checked the temp. It seems to be clearing now. Guess I didn't degass enough? Once again, tell your son congrats, John.

Hi vcasey,
My husband got a keg for his beer making yesterday and started carbonating everything in sight! He carbonated the Banana Pineapple Viognier (with Banana Liquor) and it is sooooo good! Tonight he is carbonating the Mango Mint Chenin Blanc.
smiley36.gif

By the way I've really enjoyed following this thread!

Just a note. I also made this according to VCasey's directions. All I can say is it turned out great. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to enjoy a nice summer wine.

I have 3 bottles of the coconut rum half left and 6 of the sparkling left and with the 4th of July weekend approaching it will be long gone I'm sure. Will be making this again, but first will try using the Mango Mint. Have not decided if we are going to sparkle any yet.
Hope everyone that tried this enjoyed it as much as we did.

Back