Back sweetening, how much sugar?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should be, it was done fermenting correct? And something you always must understand, you have no idea how this other person makes his wine, just because he has been a winemaker for 10 years does not mean that he is making wine correctly. I have a friend who claims is a great winemaker. Some years he is and some years he is not. He does not use a hydrometer nor any chemicals. He just follows the same steps his father followed.

I've learned that I can ask 3 people the same question and get 5 different answers lol.

Another taste of the moscato has a carbon after taste. How do I eliminate that?

Lol, you are right, you will get a pile of different answers! How old is the moscato? You just might need to let time do its thing.

Give it until October. My Moscato really came into it's own when it was a year old,

Ok, will do. Anything else I should do in the mean time or just let it sit?

Make sure that the air lock is topped off with water and or water-kmeta mix and or water-kmeta-vodka/gin/whiskie mix.

just let it sit, I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised when you open a bottle this fall.

Latest posts

Back