apology

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3274mike

Michigan Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to apologize for my hit on the he senior members about being a little tough on newbies. Its just some times some forget that it says beginners winemaking for a reason. And further more I would like to say thanks To all the people who participate in the forums would have given up on wine long ago. Thanks for the help and guidance on winemaking

Just wanted to apologize for my hit on the he senior members about being a little tough on newbies. Its just some times some forget that it says beginners winemaking for a reason. And further more I would like to say thanks To all the people who participate in the forums would have given up on wine long ago. Thanks for the help and guidance on winemaking

LOL, Mike,
I replied to it and I hope you took it like I ment. Like I said sometimes we forget how it was when we started. But have to appreciate all here who try to help, I know I do. And I needed plenty of help back when. Cheers, Arne.

Mike we try and answer questions for all users. Remember this is a mix of all different types of people and some may be better at responding to very new users than others are. Senior members get to be senior members by number of posts, not necessarily people skills. Many times answers to basic questions can be obtained by doing a simple search, but a lot of new users don't know how to do that, so we try and answer all questions. Sometimes someone will get tired of answering a very simple question over and over so they may come across as being rude. Truly rude people don't last all that long here as they are monitored and given warnings about their behavior. It is the only way we can keep the forum civil and members on a friendly basis.

Thanks for the input.

If it wasn't for new members asking the same questions over and over--well, there wouldn't be much of a forum anymore. Anyone who doesn't like answering the same questions over and over---need not feel compelled to answer. It may be the same question--but it's a different person you're talking to. Teachers teach the same thing over and over--answer the same questions over and over--that's the way it is. Anyone who has a love for this hobby, and helping others doesn't mind.

I've learned so much,over the years, from all the wine forums I belong to. I appreciate everyone's help and don't mind doing a little hand holding for new people. The skill sets you have to climb aren't so scary when you have support behind you.

I think that Mike reminding us that we were beginners ourselves at one time, is something we should all remember when talking with the new members.

I have great admiration for those on the list who held my hand as I learned my way into wine making.
I am still a beginner after three years, but I have found that when I have a question, I try to search for the answer in a previous post, but I don't always find it!
Sometimes it's because I have worded my search wrong, and other times I don't always look in the right place. Then I post a question.

The forum software has some features like "keywords", that would make searching easier. It would be nice if these features could be promoted somehow!

Hey Doug, don't feel bad if you can't find the answer when searching. I find forum are often times very difficult to search. In addition to what everyone else already said, when someone asks a question there is a whole host of others reading this forum wondering the same exact thing. Please don't ever be afraid to ask!

I've said it before; this is the most civil forum I've ever participated in. Those who have tolerated my tedious posts, those who have suffered my arrogant answers, it's a nice family here.

BC

Me, for most part will answer questions in PM's to void arguments. Most people here do not follow or agree with my practices and as a new wine maker it would be hard as h3ll to explain to a new person, the way I type. I dont mind phone calls either

I do not want to descriminate but to tell the truth, I have no idea where i would be making wine if not for turock and runningwolf, which i have learned so much from, just by reading there answers to others questions.
Both have helped me without indenting to are thinking they were.
Thanks to both of you...
I hope i can be as help full to others as they to me..
And...they have more tact then I do...lol

Hey Mike I miss seeing you on here. I know you, just sirs who we haven't seen in a while like to do some things different and you show we do have choices on how we do things. I may agree or agree to disagree with one's practice but we are all striving for the same thing "A wine we personally like that's our own style".

Hey Mike I miss seeing you on here. I know you, just sirs who we haven't seen in a while like to do some things different and you show we do have choices on how we do things. I may agree or agree to disagree with one's practice but we are all striving for the same thing "A wine we personally like that's our own style".

Well said Dan. Arne.

Latest posts

Back