Apfelwein?'s

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sly22guy

Reaction score
Ive got a 5 gal batch of Apfelwein going for about 5 weeks now. my question is when im ready to bottle it should i add anything to it prior to bottling? I used the recipe on here for it, it says that i shouldnt even have to rack it? Just would like some input from those that have made this recipe.

Last edited:
Yeah sorry i fixed my post, its going on 5 weeks now. & yes it was Ed's Recipe.

i never racked mine and started siphoning gallons off at a time at about 6 weeks and put them in the fridge in a screw top bottle. there is only about a gallon or two left after a month or two after trying it, and no signs of oxidation, tastes great, even better then at 6 weeks

Im planning on bottling them and giving away for xmas presents. So i just wana make sure i dont need to add anything as i dont want them to go bad for my friends.

Yeast Question about the Apfelwein

Hey has anyone tried this recipe with liquid yeast, like one of the wyeast strains? I'm curious if something other than a montrachet would work. I just have a preference for wyeast.

Latest posts

Back