WineXpert Anyone try the World Vineyard kits?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Francie

Reaction score
I received one for Christmas (California Trinity) and was planning on starting it tomarrow!! Curious to see if anyone has tried it and if so, how good is it?

Francie

I have one in the secondary so can't comment on the finished product but I have read great reviews for this kit on another forum.

I have a Trinity White in the secondary and plan to start the Red tonight..
smiley20.gif

I started my Trinity Red today. It has great color- it actually sticks to the sides of the primary and makes it red. It smells pretty good and comes with 60 grams of French Oak. I think it will be pretty good. Starting SG was 1.090. No comments yet on taste.

Appleman that sounds wonderful!! I am actually starting mine later today, so it will be interesting to see if we have the same SG. (I always second guess myself and wonder if I am doing everything right!)

Francie

Bert and I started our Trinity Red last night and we had a starting SG of 1.084. We too found the color and aroma to wonderful. And this morning it smells devine!
smiley17.gif

PWP- I thought my kit was 1.084 at first too, but then I remembered I didn't stir before testing it(after adding the water). After stirring for 30 seconds I tested again and it was 1.090. This morning it was really going strong, and the aromas are wonderful. It was going so strong that I used a cup of the must to add to my VH Black Currant. It called for Premier Cuvee and I didn't have any on hand, so I figured I would try the must of Trinity Red which uses that yeast. It'll be interesting to see if a cup of the must will get the Black Currant going.
smiley14.gif

wade said:
Your going to like that Black Currant.

I used two cans in a 6 gallon batch. Naturally I had to taste some and give Cindy a taste also. It reminds me of a good Jelly when I was a kid. Cindy said don't bother to make it into wine, I'll drink it right now-FAT CHANCE!

I know I will sweeten it a little when it's done. I've got to check the health food shops and see if they carry the Black Currant juice. If they don't I will order some online.

I think I would like to try a batch of wine with 2 cans of Alexander's Sun country Ruby Cabernet and a can of the VH Black Currant. The Ruby Cabernet has a very pronounced Black Cherry nose and flavor. I think the pairing would be super. Either that or make a batch of the Ruby Cabernet and mix some of the Black Currant in it so I can control the blend. Either way I think this would be a super combination.

I drew a little of this today, getting ready to stabilize the Cal. Trinity and I have to tell you it tastes very good!!! The grapes are Cab. Souv., Merlot, and Cab. Franc. It is a little thin, but I am hoping that it will balance out. I had my husband taste this, the S. A. Shiraz, and the MM Amarone (I know, very young but I couldn't resist and I am keeping notes at all stages) and he loved the Cal. Trinity. He is a Pinot Noir/Merlot drinker, does not like heavy wines (I do!!).

I hope this helps anyone who is debating about this kit. I am hoping to be able to drink this by summer.

Francie

Latest posts

Back