Anyone looking to sell...?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlFulchino

Winemaker of 30+ years
Reaction score
fermenting tubs and or aging vessels....just have to ask
smiley19.gif

What's the matter Al, are you ending up with more grapes than expected?

A word of caution to you...........
The plastic barrels (the blue or even white food grade ones) are not sufficient for long term storage safely. Stay with glass, stainless, barrels or even the real flex-tanks. Be sure they are topped as much as possible also. I opened two blue barrels recently and much to my dismay, the one with Leon Millot was horribly oxidized. The other had St. Pepin in it. It has slightly oxidized- has a darker golden color than ones stored in glass and has a little bite on the tongue. The Millot went down the drain. The St. Pepin went into glass and I will see if it will be salvageable or not.

thanks for the info....my flex tanks will all be full...in part due to previous vintages...i may need six more...but also plan on waiting 4-7 days to harvest other varieties and need more of the red fermenters.if you hear of anything please let me know = al

For large fermenters (not suitable for aging though), the June/July issue of Winemaker magazine had a DIY project for modifying large food-grade garbage pails with lids.

Al just go to Lowes/Home Depot and get either 32 or the larger 50 something "Brutes". They are food grade, very rugged and have a cover. They are under $40 each. I have seven of them and they work great for small/medium capacity operations.

By the way Al, if you are buying that many more Flextanks, get their pallet special. It has 6flextanks on it and shipping is included in the price of about $1200. You can get the new size 50? or 80 gallon ones, mix and match. Call them.

thanks..i spent all of last night going over my options.....i like and dislike the brutes....they save space but have less head room for hot ferments needing to stay a bit more even on the temp..and punch downs can sometimes be tricky..but you ARE right..they are the quick and easy way to go....i do have 4 of them...just gonna have to getmaybe a dozen or so more.. i dont even want to think about next year

i think flex tank's special is for eight tanks...am i right? i didnt see a six tank special...that would be ideal..my current ones are 50's w the floating skin

Better get that tasting room up and running o start making some money! Its going to be the hot place if that blend tastes anything like last years blend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are right Al. It is 8 tanks for $1595. The brutes work well for me. By the time I ferment, it is cool anyways. The size is small enough that the temps stay low for me.

Latest posts

Back