Anthony, a.k.a. Kleftiwallah.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kleftiwallah

Reaction score
Stumbled upon this site and joined to find out how you colonials are making wines. :db Dry sense of humour and a lateral thinker. Cheers, :rdo Tony.

Welcome to the the "right" side of the pond!
20110803_181507_kgo_057.gif

Welcome to WMT.com Grab a hand full of grapes and enjoy!

What's in the airing cupboard ?

Thanks for all the welcomes chaps and chappesses, to answer your question Wade,

I've got a gallon of Methalglyn (a herbed mead [made from maple syrup I 'found']), about four years old, still clearing ! Two gallons of Purple podded pea pod clearing nicely. Two gallons of courgette, glugging away like crazy. A gallon of runner bean. A gallon of Meadowsweet and two gallons of Greengage.

Still wailting to make my bulk wines, elderberry is just coming to ripeness, the damson bushes down the lane follow them and then it's the brambles (don't forget Michaelemas) ! I make about 5 gallons of each. I took a crate (12 bottles) of homemade wine on a sailing trip. Watch Leader on T.S. Royalist and everyone said that they never knew homemade wines could taste so good. So hopefully a few converts there. Cheers, Tony.

Anthony, I wish I knew what any of that stuff was! Sounds like potions from a Harry Potter book! BTW, we stayed at the Eagle House B&B up the road from you in Bathford a few years ago. Beautiful area. We were there for 3 days and it never quit raining but then it was late October IIRC. Spent most of the time wet and or holed up in a pub drinking lots of beer and watching the Rugby World Cup. Good memories. :b

Sorry for the late reply.

So you discovered our native defence strategy IBGlowin? RAIN.

I'm originally from one of the wettest parts of England "The Lake District" the title says it all doesn't it. My Mam/Mum/ Mom used to say "If you can see Blencathra (a local fell/hill) it is going to rain, if you cannot see Blencathra, it's raining). Another is "It only rained twice last week, once for four days and once for only three" ! ! ! :pic Cheers, Tony.

Latest posts

Back