Another in Central Ohio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxyrand

Junior
Reaction score
I've been lurking around for a while and decided to finally register and post.

Got into the hobby in 2011 as a Christmas present from my wife. Have only done 3 kits so far, with one underway (WE Selection Gewurzt) and one on deck (CC Showcase Amarone).

Have used this forum for a lot of advice and good reading material, so thanks for all the help already!

Glad to hear you finally registered, welcome to WineMakingTalk

Welcome to the forum!

I jumped into this hobby January of 2013. Now have ~20 finished batches of wine under my belt, three in progress and a fourth on deck.

I hope the fact that you've registered and posted is a sign that your interest is growing and that you're planning to make some more wine, in the near future, then just the one on deck. Is that the case?

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

I probably will never do quite the volume as you have, bkisel, but I would like to average about 3-4 batches per year, that seems to be about what I drink and gift. I've had two kids in the years since starting my first batch, so that takes up a lot of my time and money. Also there was an unfortunate learning experience involving a curious mouse and an expensive box of CC Red Mountain Cabernet. I have not quite gotten over that.

My plan has been to get a good feel for the process with kits, then move to doing mostly frozen musts. I still need to buy some testing equipment (probably a vinmetrica) before I'm ready to step up. My hope is to do my first batch from frozen this fall.

Looks like my formatting on my first post got pretty skewed somehow. Although it looks fine on my laptop, it looks bizarre on the phone app. Not sure what I did wrong there.

Welcome, foxyrand from Heath. I started my wine making January 2014. I have made 3 kit wines and 8 batch's of Danger Dave's, Dragon Blood. Right now I have a batch of Tropical Blood that just finished fermenting and will do the 1st rack tomorrow.

Will

Will, you know, I've never really looked into making dragon's blood. Not exactly sure why.. After reading your post I looked through the recipe and I bet my wife would be crazy about it. I think I'll have to make a batch shortly.

Do you buy your supplies in town here? I've used both Main hardware and Buckeye Winery from time to time.

Latest posts

Back