Another Busy Day At The Cats Meow

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
Botled 3 batches of my winesthis morning
My Green Apple Geurtz, My Strawberry Zin and My Chocolate Rasberry Port ( Not From Kit) I had to make a run to Fermentables late yesterday evening to get me a new auto siphon as I had started to bottl yesterday evening and my auto siphon refued to work. While there, I saw these and decided to get a bag and try them out

zork.jpg

Here are the wines and some pictures of the labels i made for them

winebottled.jpg

winesbottled2.jpg

chocrasbport.jpg

greenapplegurtz.jpg

strawberryzin.jpg

Oh yes, The Zorks.....They were pretty tough to push in and doubt I would use them again. May be ok perhaps for screw cap bottles.

Waldo, are those labels misspelled on purpose or was it a byproduct of your own liquid gold? Rasp</font>berry, Gewurztr</font>aminer How do you apply those Zork tops Waldo, Is there a press your supposed to use or just whack a mole?

Edited by: wade

Boy Waldo, You go all out!!!! Great labels. I like the girl picking strawberries.

wade said:
Waldo, are those labels misspelled on purpose or was it a byproduct of your own liquid gold? Raspberry, Gewurztraminer

If I spelled them correctly wadepeople might start getting the idea this ole Hillbilly is about half smart
smiley36.gif

Waldo they have a special fitting for a beer capper that makes installation of Zorks a breeze. It is just a little metal piece that goes on the capper. Guys that have got them say they would also be easy to make.

Very Nice Wade! I was looking at a Zork cork add on the web last week. They looked interesting and ooo aaaah but Ialready got a gilda hand corker and I intend to get my use out of it
smiley22.gif
. Wine equipment is just so tempting to buy even when your not gonna use it much lol. At any rate great job on those lables!!
smiley20.gif

GREAT LABELS WALDO I KNOW THE WINE MUST BE TASTE/Edited by: joeswine

I think i will eat the labels. They look so good. Mayo on rye maybe????

My apologies Waldo, I called you Wade in a earlier reply above
smiley9.gif
. Wade / Waldo , guess my mind wanders abit and my fingers follow when typing.
<DIV id=ms__id37>
<DIV id=ms__id38> I have been working on a few labels my self for when I bottle my Lilac. What program did you use to make the labels? Thats a pretty good job you have done and I also like the girl picking strawberry's. I like the old Victorian art style. Kind of comforting andhonest artistry. Iuse a programCalled " Paint.net" Its a free were one thats pretty nice and has a wide range of editing options. There is also a office package from "open office" Its has spread sheets, power point, and all that good stuff. You can convert and use allot of formats like Microsoft to mac exedera with this program.
<DIV id=ms__id39>
<DIV id=ms__id40>Here is a couple rough samples I have so far, going to put a poll up on a few placesto get some feed back in the future when enoughideas and feedbackarrive.
<DIV id=ms__id44>
<DIV id=ms__id45>http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm203/shoukah1977/label7-1.jpg
<DIV id=ms__id46>
<DIV id=ms__id47>http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm203/shoukah1977/label4a.jpg
<DIV id=ms__id50>
<DIV id=ms__id48>http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm203/shoukah1977/label2a.jpg
<DIV id=ms__id67>
<DIV id=ms__id68>http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm203/shoukah1977/label8.jpg
<DIV id=ms__id43>
<DIV id=ms__id42>
<DIV id=ms__id41>Edited by: Aaronh

I put an effect called motion blur on it to give it the effect that you have had to many.
smiley2.gif

<DIV id=ms__id83>

<DIV id=ms__id84>"Your so drunk I bet you couldnt even hit me." Thats why I have two guns, one for the each of ya.""Val kilmer as Doc in tombstone" Love that line

Latest posts

Back