And now for a FUN JOB

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know....Wade.

Compared to my job I have had for 19 yrs. I guess I didnt' think about what is out there. Spec's is a family owned company and they have 1300 employees in 60 stores and they take care of all of them. Downtown...is state of the art. You go in the bathroom and the toilet seat cover moves to the next clean cover. soap water and towels are automatic. The area for the employess is awsome...and EVERYONE IS HAPPY!!!! There is such a positive dynamic there. Everyone is friendly and fun.

I'm looking at the future and what I could do there. My job with the Dr. is not going to exist for much longer. The Dr. is old and sick. And once he no longer works and I am out of a job (after 19 years) They will say...Ramona....Who?? Oh yea. She was that nice person who did such a great job for us all those years. Hope she found something and is happy.

See what I mean?Edited by: rgecaprock

Sounds like a real nice place to work and advance. Hope you have many happy years there!

That all sounds really great there Ramona! Most companies out there today also have profit sharing. They takethe greatest share of your money and profit from it! It is especially nice that they help out with everyone's education expenses. Didn't Curtis tell you about all these perks already?

I hope it expands into something more permanent for you. The big store Cindy works for has some limited benefits - for Full Time Employees. They do all they can to keep her part-time and after 9 years on the same job, she still gets no benefits. They recently upgraded the equipment she uses(pizza oven) and sales went through the roof. The only department in the store to increase sales. How did they reward her- cut her hours back to 24 hours for the week! So hang onto your chance at that place!

Things do have a way of working out .............................

Apple,
They do have profit sharing also. Curtis told me about the benefits but hearing it for myself really sounds good. They sent him to Napa about 7 years ago.

Ok....off to work.....everyone have a great day today!!!!

Ramona

Ramona....Glad you enjoy your job....sounds great. Hope it turns into a permanent thing when you need it.

One thing with liquor and the economy....People drink when they are happy and drink when they are sad....So you'll have job security there.

I've already started browsing the kits to decide what I want to ferment next. No sense having a second job if you can't blow the extra money on your hobby.
smiley4.gif

Hmmmmmm,maybe I could start marketing "Country Wine" kits, you know, box up enough frozen Muscadines, Blackberries, Blueberies,Plums, etc in them styrofoam shipping containersalongwithall the other goodies required to do a one gallon or 5 gallon batch and ship em out. Reckon there would be a market for them?

Waldo, sounds like a great idea. Wouldn't know the laws and rules about that. You could steam juice your fruits and can them for the kit then wouldn't have to keep them cold. You could be on to something!!!!!

Ramona

Waldo said:
Reckon there would be a market for them?

Nah............

No Market for that here in NC..............

I'll just wait for you to make it then send me a bottle or two
smiley36.gif
smiley2.gif
smiley36.gif

Whats that Ol' sayen......

Why buy the cow............?????................
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Edited by: jobe05

Latest posts

Back