amazing how far a little wine can get ya....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g8keeper

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
i have been dealing with the same hair stylist for who knows how many years now, faithfully having her cut my hair, following her from one shop to another because i like the way she cuts my hair and trust her....well anyways, from time to time since i got into wine making, i've taken a couple of bottles to her and she's enjoyed it...anyways, things have been a little tough lately for the girlfriend and i, and our family since her ex quits his job at ford after 17 years, therefore her not getting child support and her on social security disability for her ms....well the gf just informed me that our hair stylist is coming over to cut our hair on sunday...and in return for her services, what does she want???...a few bottles of wine!!!...it pretty much floored me....i couldn't believe it when she told me...sorry, but i find that high praise when someone is willing to perform the services they get paid for, AS A LIVING, for some of your homemade vintage...i had been told by people that they really enjoyed my wine, but i never fathomed to imagine that i would be able to actually trade my wine like that....i guess that just goes to show you that what you make might truly be of value to someone else....

on top of it all, the really amazing part was when she actually came over and was done giving us our haircuts, i broke out a milk crate and put 6 bottles of my wine in it: 2 bottles of white zin., 2 bottles of apricot peach chard., 1 bottle of my berry peach skeeter pee, and 1 bottle of my strawberry margarita twisted mist....she was like "what's this....is this all for me???", with her eyes all big and excited....she had a hard time believing it, and i'm standing there thinking to myself, "are you kidding me???....after what you are doing for us, coming over and doing, what you do for a living, for nothing more than wine, i am very thankful"....of course that's for you...lol...i guess she just thought she was gonna get a couple of bottles...well hell, for 2 haircuts, i was not only going to give her a "couple" of bottles...i just wish i could have done more....hopefully this rough patch is just about over and i can afford to get some more wine started soon....lol...who knows what else i can get for some wine....:)

I'll cut your hair for some homemade wine if she ever is unavailable!!:D

Latest posts

Back