Mosti Mondiale AllJuice buttery Chard...

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanie

Reaction score
...scored a gold medal at The Great New York State Fair! It won a silver at the Winemaker Mag competition in April. Must be it got better with 4 more months of aging! =)

Congratulations - two times.

Did you do anything special with that kit?

Thanks,
Ike

Hey, Way to go Joan! I was wondering if you had won with that great entry. Now I know! Yeah!!!!!

Now good luck with the labels!!!!

Ike,

I did a "battonage" with it. I racked all the lees from the primary into the secondary and stirred them well every few days for a month. Apparently a few people thought it was a good idea! =)

WOW, congrats Joan!!! I am looking forward to getting some age on mine. I did the battanage also.
smiley4.gif

Congrats on that Joan and I will be doing the same soon. Im usually not a huge white wine fan but have never really tried a good buttery Chard until i was a judge at a comp last week and I tried 2 Chards that were nice and buttery and loved them. You know how the rest goes!
smiley9.gif

Joan,

As a rookie, I appreciate all the help I can get.

Congratulations again!

Ike

Congrats! Looks like I need to add this to the ever growing list of kits to make.

Joan,

Rock on with the metal! How old was that wine at the time of the most recent judging?

Be sure to let Nino know about it.

- Jim

Jim,

I started it just before Christmas 2007 and bottled at the end of March 2008 so it's been in the bottle 17 months. Unfortunately I only have one bottle left! =(

Latest posts

Back