!adios amigos!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome back and home.....how are the meads? I started a Blueberry Melomel but haven't posted anything or taken anypictures!
smiley36.gif

As always Sang, good to hear from you, if only briefly. You know you will have to fill us in when time permits. As Waldo says,"We like pictures!"

Welcome back buddy! Glad to hear from you again. Masta, shame on you!
smiley3.gif

Thanks y'all. The trip was great. One pleasant surprise was finding out that Peru is the gastronomic center of South America. I did not have one bad meal there. In fact, I think I ate a few of the best meals of my life there - the food is that good. I even ate guinea pig one night. It's a traditional Andean dish and was quite tasty. Pics will have to wait until next trip since I lost my memory card. I have a few on my phone though... maybe I'll post one of those.

I spent all my time in Lima except for one weekend trip down into the desert to hit the beach. I have some trips planned for later in the year to see the Amazon, Machu Pichu, etc. but work has to come first. : (

Peru's food was fantastic, but alas... her wine is not. I tried a few different wines and they were all pretty bad. 90% (or so) of the grapes go to making the national drink, which is Pisco... a distilled wine. It tastes a bit like tequilla if you shoot it, but when you sip and compare with others you can really taste the complexity. I guess their wine production is still new. That's not to say I didn't have some great wine while I was there though... I had plenty of Chilean and Argentinean wines that were out of this world. And inexpensive too! With the exchange rate you can pick up a GREAT bottle of wine for about $3!! : )

Speaking of wine... I have about 18 batches of wine here and they all need some type of care. I've been so busy all week trying to get other things done that I have not had a chance to work on any wine related activities.

The meads look good. The ancient orange cleared up nice while I was away - still have not tasted it yet though.

It's awesome to see all the new names on the forum, but even better to see the "old" ones. I missed you guys <sniff>.

Wow! $3.00 a bottle?? You can get tanked pretty cheap in Peru! =)

It's nice to see you back and posting!

sangwitch, nice to hear from you, and glad you had a nice trip. WOW! 3 dollars a bottle, can't find that anywhere, unless it is Boone's Farm. Can't imagine eating a pet guinea! Especially after watching Dr. Doolittle!
smiley36.gif
Hope to at least see one picture, since most of us haven't been there before. Well, down the road about 30 miles we have a Peru! But, I'm sure it is nothing like where you went.

Back