Additions natural wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SonValley

Junior
Reaction score
Put these additions to the secondary fermentation (wine red) ... and got impressive results with wine yeast
Yellow corn and barley and oats and a little pomegranate molasses ...
What do you think of these additions?

What were you planning to accomplish with these additions? Were the grains malted? Were the grains crushed or whole? What were the results that these additions achieved?

Raised the alcohol level of 10% which is 13% ... was completely crushed grains

Yoiu could have raised the alcohol content with plain sugar if that's all you were after.

The grain additions should not have added to the alcohol level without first having been mashed and in the case of the corn, cereal mashed. Is your wine clear? I would expect the grains to have left starch in the wine which would make it hazy. The molasses definitely has sugar, so that would help in achieving the desired alcohol level, but it would also add flavor.

You are a home winemaker so the Federal Rules do not apply but what you made cannot legally be called wine. To use the term wine it has to be made with grapes and only have approved treatments and additives which yours were not. Again, I understand that you are not bound by these laws.

I understand you, my friend! But I have to use those articles because it can not get in my country additives (is prohibited)!

Latest posts

Back