A New Dimension To My Early Mornings

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
A Christmas gift from a friend opened a new dimension to how i spend at least part of my early morning hours now. Grab a cup of of coffee come on out under the carport and join me

IMG_2674.jpg

Beautiful...when there is a fireplace or campfire I just get hypnotized for hours...While at a friend's place lately I spent the evening watching the fire in his corn stove....
smiley4.gif

hey what a great way to enjoy a cup of coffee or at night a great glass of wine. We live in the country and have the steel tub from a washing machine all set up, behind the barn, along with 4 chairs - just waiting to be used. The washing machine tub is full of holes around the whole thing and the draw (draft) is wonderful. Virtually all of the wood you burn is consumed because of the even draw. Many of the worlds problems have been solved there!! we saw this done at a campground we visited, asked about why they used them, and was told that it reduces the work for the staff because they do not have to clean out unburned stuff in the fire rings that they used to have. Works for us!!

Hope you have many happy hours solving the unsolved!!!

rrawhide

We have a metal chimney type (portable) one on our back deck, with the hot tub, a glass of wine............ need I say more.

Well it has been well used and very muich enjoyed pretty much all day today by famiy and friends over to celebrate the new year.

Is yours a masonry / ceramic type Waldo?

I wish we had gotten one like that instead of the 360 one with wire mesh. We get an ok view of the fire the masonry ones throw off a lot more heat and have a better fire pit because it's protected from the winds.

Waldo....can you cook anything on the top of it????

Another Cowboy Campfire Cafe in the making.....

Mine is more of a ceramic type material Jobe and I have thought about trying to cook on it NW. haven't tried it yet though. We did roast some marshmallows with it yesterday evening...gawdddddd how long has it been since i had roasted a marshmallow

Waldo, I have a metal one and it keeps a nice fire. It's out in the middle of the yard with about 6 chairs around it. After the next couple of almost 80 degree days maybe I'll get out fire it up this weekend.
Ramona

My wife bought a Huge Jack-o-latern chiminea for Halloween. You should see the thing with flames coming out of its eyes and mouth. It gave the young kids a scare, along with my the Halloween scare music playing on my sound system.

I moved the Pumpkin chiminea to my back patio and have been enjoying a fire and drinking wine outside all winter.
I hope you enjoy many nights with your gift, Waldo.

Nice Waldo, I have a metal firepit that I use and just love an outside fire. Unfortunately it is just too cold here these days so I have to live with the fireplace inside.
Happy New Year and enjoy in good health!

<H3>
You got me think'n waldo. we have not used ours yet this year, wegonna have to bust out the s'mores with some shredded coconut. One of my favoritesJ
this will also require blankets, propane heater, parka, and boots for the misses. i don't know how she ever survived the first 28 years of her life in the midwest, we have such different thermostatsJ

rube
(arizona)</H3>

Nothing quite like burning some wood to cozy up your evening. My oldest grandson ask almost every night. Pa us build fire?

Jeff

Back