Graffiti

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky

Chronologically Gifted Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A response to my "Signs" got me to thinking about graffiti that I have personally seen in various places. I thought maybe many of you have had that experience and would like to share some of the amusing musings of the general public.

I will start with a few that I recall from college at a Catholic university. To understand the significance of the first will require that you are familiar with the TV show from the late 60's and early 70's titled "Mission Impossible" starring Perter Graves. I was in a men's room in one of the classroom buildings and above the urinal someone had written, "Good morning, Mr. Phelps." It was made all the more amusing as day to day, someone would add to the graffiti. Lines like, "The man you are looking at is a urinal" and "Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to piss in it" and finally, "As always, should you or any of your IM force be killed or captured, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. Good luck, Jim."

In another classroom, there were the old wooden desks with the writing surface on the right. In one particular room, the writing surfaces were covered with graffiti so I made a point of moving daily to a new desk whenever possible to enjoy the musings. One read, "Professor (Smith) is a boulder in the path of progress!"

Another, obviously etched by a co-ed, read, "Holy Mary, conceived without sinning, pray for me that I many sin without conceiving."

Another had one of the entries to which people added comments. It read, "I would love to bang that secretary in the Physics office." The additions were, "So would I. So would I. So would I." and "I did!"

How about others? Any that you recall that were laugh out loud funny?

There was a toilet in the Fine Arts building at Wichita State U back in the seventies which felt a bit off. I wrote on the wall "Is it my imagination, or does this toilet list a few degrees to the port?"
Among the replies, I remember
"No, the building lists to the starboard"
and
"I think it's more of a down angle on the bow".

Latest posts

Back