A Hot Topic!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK are you ready for this one? We all have heard of infusing fruits and candies in with Vodka. Has anyone added jalapenos to vodka to infuse the heat? I'm thinking of a special bottle just for Bloody Mary's. Can anyone think of anything else it would be used for?

Excellent idea.....the vodka infused with jalapenos.
bloody marys...
a dash on chili rellenos
a dash on chicken enchilados
a dash on green corn tamales
a dash on flat enchilads.
endless.
would be good in green chili , maybe god forbid gumbo..
i may make some.

I would use gin instead of vodka since I think it would work with the flavour a little bit better... Anyways, bloody marries are so (insert word)... Try a red snapper ( essentially a bloody mary but with gin)

Dan, Your on the right track! I filled a quart mason jar with Jalapenos then filled the jar with Vodka. it ended up a really neat green color. It is great, I keep the bottle in the freezer and when it is poured into a shot glass ice frost forms on the sides of the glass. Icy cold at the start, fiery hot in the finish, a perfect contrast! I call it Thai Terror! You just cannot stop with one!

Dan, Your on the right track! I filled a quart mason jar with Jalapenos then filled the jar with Vodka. it ended up a really neat green color. It is great, I keep the bottle in the freezer and when it is poured into a shot glass ice frost forms on the sides of the glass. Icy cold at the start, fiery hot in the finish, a perfect contrast! I call it Thai Terror! You just cannot stop with one!

Dammmmit Phil would you quit it out!!!!!! I was just making out a grocery list and now I need a pile of jalapenos. I wonder if Sams club sells them. I assume you sliced/cleaned them all up. How long before you transferred them to a bottle? One week?

Dammmmit Phil would you quit it out!!!!!! I was just making out a grocery list and now I need a pile of jalapenos. I wonder if Sams club sells them. I assume you sliced/cleaned them all up. How long before you transferred them to a bottle? One week?

Dan, I left them in for probably 2 months! They were sliced up and all of the seeds left in there. Dan, you know jalapenos are addictive!

At this point, I don't know what vodka flavors have not been attempted. Stoli makes a pepper vodka. I think it does not have much flavor besides burn. In a bloody mary I will take a shot of Tabasco. I have had bacon vodka and even salmon vodka. I will call the tastes "very interesting".

At this point, I don't know what vodka flavors have not been attempted. Stoli makes a pepper vodka. I think it does not have much flavor besides burn. In a bloody mary I will take a shot of Tabasco. I have had bacon vodka and even salmon vodka. I will call the tastes "very interesting".
Snafflekid, I agree on the bloody mary, I use my own fermented pepper sauce instead of Tobasco but it tastes the same.

:ft:ft:ft:ft:ft:ftAHhh are we sharing?
I'm currently on my last bottle but since I will be back to Florida within the next 30 days and because my friend Oscar, the friendly Mexican produce seller has promised an unending supply of Habanero and Scotch Bonnet peppers, It is my intention to make several gallons of it this winter. So Yes Dan, We will be sharing!

I'm currently on my last bottle but since I will be back to Florida within the next 30 days and because my friend Oscar, the friendly Mexican produce seller has promised an unending supply of Habanero and Scotch Bonnet peppers, It is my intention to make several gallons of it this winter. So Yes Dan, We will be sharing!

LOL I meant the recipe.

Last edited:
Wolf, if you use between a 4 and 6% salt solution. 40-60gr salt per liter of water. Cut up you peppers add enough solution to cover and put in a warm dark place and let nature take over. Natural yeast in the air will do it's thing. A month or so, depending on temp and there you are. Then make your sauce with the addition of vinegar .

Here is a link:

http://wellpreserved.ca/fermented-hot-peppers-and-fermented-hot-sauce-recipe/

RR

wow. it is really that simple. That reminds me of a sauerkraut recipe

Hey Rat jump in any time and thanks for the link. Actually we are not fermenting the peppers but infusing the flavors into vodka.

I understand that this thread is about infused vodka.

I thought you were asking pjd for his hot sauce recipe. I was just trying to point you in the right direction to making your own fermented hot sauce.

I edited response #16 to clarify why I posted the link.

RR

Last edited:
I understand that this thread is about infused vodka.

I thought you were asking pjd for his hot sauce recipe. I was just trying to point you in the right direction to making your own fermented hot sauce.

I edited response #16 to clarify why I posted the link.

RR
Region Rat, Thanks for posting the link, I like that recipe and will be trying it!

Back