A CHRISTMAS CONTEST

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
I got a new Italian floor corker with the brass irisfor Christmas and decided to have a contest and give the winner my Floor corker with the plastic iris as a prize. The winner only has to pay the shipping cost unlessyou guess the correct answer exactly which inwhich case I will pay the shipping cost too.
the contest:Guess a number...between 1-50, including fractions in increments of 1/4". Contest starts today and ends tomorrow evening at 6PM Central time unless someone guesses the correct number before then. If that happens, contest ends then and there. If it continues to the end, the one closest to the correct number is the winner. If there is more than one that have the same number that came closest, it will be the one who posted that number first. Oh yes, only one entry per registered member. I have asked jobe to be my moderator for this contest and he has the winning number. So he will be announcing the winner for me.

THE CONTEST HAS NOW BEGUN !!!!!

I say 35.75...my imagined age.
smiley4.gif

Pretty soon it's going to be tough explaining why my kids are old than I am!

44 1/4 here and if i win Ill donate it to another person who will also have to guess a new # and keep this contest going!

Sounds like you already had a Merry Christmas waldo.

Shoot why not 49 and 3/4s.
Even if I don't win, thanks for the chance to.
smiley32.gif
Edited by: swillologist

Waldo, What a wonderful Idea. I'll match your generosity for allowing me to moderate helping make someone very happy by offering to pay the shipping for the winner! So regardless if you are close or dead on, Shipping is Now FREE!!!

Here is were we stand right now:
appleman 25.00

Northern Winos 1.75

Joan 35.75

Wade 44.1/4 (0r 44.250)

swillologist 49 3/4 (or 49.750)

corn field 24 1/2 (or 24.50)

Ramona.......and if I win..I will give the corker to someone who doesn't have one since I already have a corker which I love!!!!

Did you ever think other wise Santa....... urrr.....uhhhh....... I mean Waldo.
smiley2.gif

Edited by: jobe05

Noted JW and yes, you had to play, EVERYONE SHOULD PLAY!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't play because you already have a floor corker, then do what Wade is doing, Play, Win, Then donate your win to another round of Play. We will keep playing till a non-floor corker owner wins if you want, or you can own 2.

Good luck all.

Edited by: jobe05

I have a different twist on having one and giving it away. I do own one already and love the floor corker. I recentlygot my ancient brother(must be-I'm old and he's older) started in this hobby. He recently corked his first batch. He said he got this corker that you push down on and shove the cork in. He was asking what you do with the 3/4" of cork sticking out the bottle
smiley36.gif
I would refer him to this site, but he doesn't want to operate a computer anymore since retiring a couple years ago. He has it made though for grape supply. He has a few hundred pounds of his own every year and he lives right off Seneca Lake just a little ways away from Geneva in the Finger Lakes of NY.

Your still giving it away to someone who doesn't have one Appleman, Thats not much of a twist, your keeping with the spirit.

I go to Auburn every year as my sister lives there, I come closer to your borthers house than I do yours!

I just had to get in on this......32 and 1/4....Best of luck every one

UPDATE:

appleman 25.00

Northern Winos 1.75

Joan 35.75

Wade 44.1/4 (0r 44.250)

swillologist 49 3/4 (or 49.750)

corn field 24 1/2 (or 24.50)

rgecaprock 19.50

JWMINNESOTA 3 3/4 (or 3.750)

Tomy 33 3/4 (or 33.750)

Angell Wine 1 (or one)