2013 Missouri Valley Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year they had a live webcast of the judging.

Bob - will you be doing that again this year??

Last year they had a live webcast of the judging.
I watched a few minutes last year until they spit out in disgust what obviously was my wine. :)
Just kidding, it seemed very organized and professional. Great job Bob and others.

Last edited:
pumpkinman

win or not the feed back is what is really important:br of course winning does help- you'll do fine- good luck to all who enter.:mny

My 6 bottles are bubble wrapped, boxed, and on the bus to Mizzou in the morning. Good luck to all :)

I have been tossing this around for awhile and decided today..... what the heck...... so I boxed up a couple of bottles and will be shipping them out tomorrow!!!!

I decided that having some of my wines judged can't do anything but help me become a better winemaker!!!

BOB

When you ship your wine, do not ask for a signature. My wife and I work full time during the day and are not home. UPS will end up sending it back to you. I had someone do that this year and because we were not home, they ended up sending it back to the sender.

If you live close by in MO - there are 2 drop points as well.

St. Louis wine and beer
MO wine and gift in warrenton

What is the website that will have the live webcast on it? How would one go about connecting to it? Keep it simple I hope as I am computer illiterate !! LOL

BOB

I sent my wines in!

I didn’t see anywhere Bob, but does this competition have an awards ceremony or something similar?

Thanks!

What is the website that will have the live webcast on it? How would one go about connecting to it? Keep it simple I hope as I am computer illiterate !! LOL

BOB

Yeah it is very simple to connect to the video stream. I am sure Bob will post the link when he has it..

Good luck everyone! I got my four entries in - ended up shipping them over as I haven't had a moment to even think for the last few weeks, nevermind drive out that way. Hopefully we all do well!

Yeah - good luck to everybody!!!

This is probably the last day to ship your bottles off in time - unless you over night it...

Ups went down

GOT A CALL TODAY MY WINES SENT VIA UPS WERE CRUSHED:poNEVER HAD THAT HAPPEN BEFORE ,BUT THEN THERE'S A FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING I GUESS, WHAT S THE NEXT COMP.:a1.COMING OUR WAY?

Still plenty of time to enter WineMakers Magazine competition Joe.

GOT A CALL TODAY MY WINES SENT VIA UPS WERE CRUSHED:poNEVER HAD THAT HAPPEN BEFORE ,BUT THEN THERE'S A FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING I GUESS, WHAT S THE NEXT COMP.:a1.COMING OUR WAY?

Sorry to hear that!!!

Winemaker's Mag - and Kansas City, MO has one as well - can't remember the dates - if i find i will post it...

Argh. Sorry to hear, Joe! I lost my first wines via UPS this past Christmas. They never called to notify me, ended up calling to check in on who it had gone to and they had never received. Called UPS myself and they seemed confused that no one had notified me. Crushed beyond recognition apparently.

Back