2013 Missouri Valley Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool! First time entering a wine, I received a bronze for my Berry Bliss! It was very young, I'll gladly take it!!!
Thanks!

Thanks Doug. I will bring a couple bottles out the next time I make it out there. Probably won't make it tomorrow night. I have been gone all week

Agreed, I almost didn't enter based upon its age, wait until I enter a bottle next year...LMAO!!!
Thanks again!

I got my judges sheets & medal today!!! I had sent in a concord based wine and after reading the judges comments I realized that it may have scored differently if I had told them that it had peppercorns added and had been barrel oaked....... lesson learned :slp
The judges stated that: The wines profile was confusing and woodsey somehow

BOB

That's alright. I was .25 points away from a bronze on my seyval and 1 pt away from a bronze on my Vidal/Seyval blend.

Looking at the notes - these wines were at the higher end of the off dry range - If i had entered them in sweet - they would have won a bronze :(

They commented that they score it lower because of that..

Could have chalked up 2 more - oh well - live and learn..

Notes, medals and prizes arrived today! Bonus medals for first place in category very cool! Can't wait to do some shopping with my gift cards. Looks like I need to work on getting better aroma on my some of my wines. Good feedback. A bit confused how a clear wine can score a "1" on appearance from one judge, a "2" from the next and "3's" from the others. Hmmm??? Oh well. BIG THANKS to MVWS for putting on the competition. Will do it again next year!

ForumRunner_20130311_210727.png

Notes, medals and prizes arrived today! Bonus medals for first place in category very cool! Can't wait to do some shopping with my gift cards. Looks like I need to work on getting better aroma on my some of my wines. Good feedback. A bit confused how a clear wine can score a "1" on appearance from one judge, a "2" from the next and "3's" from the others. Hmmm??? Oh well. BIG THANKS to MVWS for putting on the competition. Will do it again next year!

Do you like the medals? I think they turn out pretty good.

Yes the medals look great! And the certificate too. Even spelled my name right which rarely happens. Top notch! :)

Latest posts

Back